Dogbone Mount Stretch Bolts?

russman68

Feb 19, 2007
Surrey
Hi guys,

Just got my INA track density dogbone mount through and just need to order the correct bolts now.

I believe i need stretch bolts? Just spoke to Seat and need to check exactly which ones i need... there seems to be 5 holes on my bracket, see the attached picture:

IMG_0029.jpg

1: Right at the end onthe attached strip of metal
2: In the centre of the 'pivot'
3: Just after the 'pivot' in centre of bracket
4: 2 smaller holes on side of mount

Can anyone give me correct sizes etc. soi definatly get the right bolts?

Cheers!! :)

Lee M

Hi Mate,

Not really answering your question, but you should only need bolts for 1 (bolts to the underside of the gearbox) and 4 (bolt to the bulk head)..............

If you go the the stealers they should be able to bring them up on their parts database.

But I re-used the bolts that were on mine when I removed it to fit my forge DBM into the standard housing about 2 years ago after checking with Awsome (who i brought it from if i recall) , and its been fine.

Whats the benifit of this INA version?

Cheers

Lee

Cheers

Lee

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
2 bolts from db to subframe, re use the old ones is fine

1 bolt into the gearbox, 1 support bracket bolt (the black bit)

all bolts are in the oem one so reuse is ok.

the only one id maybe change is the gearbox bolt, i didnt and its been fine for 2 years.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Hi guys,

Just got my INA track density dogbone mount through and just need to order the correct bolts now.

I believe i need stretch bolts? Just spoke to Seat and need to check exactly which ones i need... there seems to be 5 holes on my bracket, see the attached picture:

IMG_0029.jpg

1: Right at the end onthe attached strip of metal
2: In the centre of the 'pivot'
3: Just after the 'pivot' in centre of bracket
4: 2 smaller holes on side of mount

Can anyone give me correct sizes etc. soi definatly get the right bolts?

Cheers!! :)
Th only ones that need bolts is 1, 2 and 4.
The only bolts that are stretch are 4. The rest are just tighten with no stretch, these go into case not steel.
I'd change the stretch ones and keep the non stretch ones

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
They apply a bigger preload than just a simple torque.
This stretches the bolt therefore these should only be one use.
As above, NOT TO BE USED IN CAST

I fell fowl of this, DOH!!

russman68

Feb 19, 2007
Surrey
Cool, cheers for that.

I'll get new ones for '4' then... thats stretch bolts for attaching to the bulk head and maybe '1'... attaching to gear box (if needed).

Lastly can anyone give me the correct torque settings for any of the bolts that need to be torqued? (i'm guessing 1 and 2.. gearbox and subframe?)

Cheers!

Whats the benifit of this INA version?

I believe its just the usual benefits of a Poly DBM along with noticably less vibrations :D

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
As above the ones into the clutch housing/gear box are just tight without swinging off of it, approx 25ft-lbs the ones to the subframe are approx 15ft-lbs + 90 degrees (ie stretch). There are a few posts on here with the correct figure, also some with incorrect figures.

I know I'm repeating myself but the ones to the GB are 100% NOT stretch

Jimski

Back to the fold!
Nov 3, 2007
Staffs
I didnt change mine, had no problems at all, obviously just do a visible check.

Had mine on about 20k miles now.

Jimski

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Jimski,

With stretch bolts you know 100% that these need changed as you are yielding the bolt material on fitting.
These will never return to the same shape/size so these need replaced.
Also the cost is minimal compare to having to remove the whole subframe and drill out snapped off bolts.

Jimski

Back to the fold!
Nov 3, 2007
Staffs
Il get some ordered then!! :think: although, i do remember ordering the stretch bolt kit.

:headhurt:

Shed hunting time,

Jimski

Sep 29, 2008
Bradford
HOLY THREAD RESURECTION!!!!

Does anyone know the size of bolts 1 and 2 for the dog bone mount, the ones which screw into the gearbox, I believe one is 30mm long and the other 70mm long but what 'M' size are they?