Assy 2 VS Conti 5

Cossie-boy

Nov 25, 2012
Hi all

I need to get a new tyre as mine has a bulge in the wall. It has Conti Contact Sport 5’s on the front so the obvious thing is to get another one. However I have always run Goodyear Assy 2’s as found them good in the wet.

Both about the same price and A wet rating, interested to hear opinions from other people.

Cheers

CB

wilfster

Mar 6, 2010
Hi all

I need to get a new tyre as mine has a bulge in the wall. It has Conti Contact Sport 5’s on the front so the obvious thing is to get another one. However I have always run Goodyear Assy 2’s as found them good in the wet.

Both about the same price and A wet rating, interested to hear opinions from other people.

Cheers

CB

Never used Conti 5s so can't comment on them. I have used Goodyear Assy 2s for a long time on my LCR and rate them very highly. I bought two a couple of months ago and they were very difficult to get hold of. Mine had to be brought in from Germany. They've been replaced with the Assy 3 which also gets good reviews, so I'll probably get these next time.

The other issue is, I don't like mixing different tyres and I would never have tyres of different makes or very different tread depths on the front. Maybe I'm over fussy but just wouldn't do it.

Gaz7

Jun 13, 2014
I've not long put on a set of rain sport 3, sensational for the price !

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.