Airbag fault code

BoardyLCR

Mar 7, 2016
I changed my steering wheel and the airbag light came up on the dash and now I have scanned it with Vcds lite. It has come up with the fault - 'Airbag igniter; driver side(N95) 29-00 short to ground'

Does anybody know about this or had this fault code before?

I have read up on it and it says it might be the connections that plug into the airbag

I have tried clearing the code but it comes back straight away and apparently this specific fault code could deploy the airbag if you attempt to clear it :(

dazjstuart

May 18, 2012
Aberdeen
Mine has that too, never got round to fixing it yet just waiting for it to go off in my face some day! Joking aside it shouldn't go off (he says...) as airbags are designed to fail safe i.e. not go off so the biggest issue would be it not working in a crash. My mechanic bro said a loose wire under the driver seat can cause the fault in these cars but he hasn't got round to looking at it yet. From memory it came on after clattering a rather large pot hole so maybe that wiggled something loose. Let me know what it was if you manage to get it fixed.

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
Funny thing is, before I done my inner door seals I went over a speed bump and my airbag light came on, plugs vcds in and it was the side airbag sensor under the seat, what had happened was the water in my carpets must have been soaking and the puddle finally jumped into my sensor lol gutted. So I got another sensor and fixed my inner door seals and now everythings ok

AmD Stage 1 Map, Forge 007 DV, CDA Induction Kit, GT80 Milltek Sports Cat Back, 40mm Springs All Round

Last edited:

seatman

May 7, 2016
Funny thing is, before I done my inner door seals I went over a speed bump and my airbag light came on, plugs vcds in and it was the side airbag sensor under the seat, what had happened was the water in my carpets must have been soaking and the puddle finally jumped into my sensor lol gutted. So I got another sensor and fixed my inner door seals and now everythings ok

AmD Stage 1 Map, Forge 007 DV, CDA Induction Kit, GT80 Milltek Sports Cat Back, 40mm Springs All Round

Hi

when you change sensor is it important to have the numbers that's printed on the side same as on old one or all you need is the same sensor with the same part number and that's it ??

thanks in advance

Chris

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
I sell the sensors on eBay mate, the numbers on the side of the sensor will never match, aslong as you get them out the same car they will work, let me no if you need one

seatman

May 7, 2016
Hi Mate

I will need one for seat ibiza 1.9 tdi 2003

its a crash sensor side airbag: passenger side

part number 6Q0 909 606 D

let me know if you have one :)

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
Just buy one on eBay mate and I'll get one sent out to you, all the part number are the same, it's the code inside the sensor, I was selling them at £25 but dropped the price to £15 as I've got a lot and not greedy lol

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
Also drivers and passengers side are both the same so it Dosnt matter what side it is mate

seatman

May 7, 2016
Also drivers and passengers side are both the same so it Dosnt matter what side it is mate

thanks a lot mate i will buy now, my ebay id is krzeslaw

how long this may take to deliver? I will need one asap

will i need to program it to work or is it plug and play ?

I just paid on ebay :)

Last edited:

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
Got it mate, I'll get that out to you Monday morning, it's just plug and play, but u will need to reset the airbag light

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
The cars are all scanned for faults firsts before removed, also if the carpets are wet I don't touch them even if there's no codes

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.