stiff ignition barrel

jasons76

May 9, 2016
hi I hae just purchased a seat exeo st,and I am noticing the ignition barrel is really stiff to turn it seems really bad in these hot temps,is this a common problem.

Dark Andrew

Jan 25, 2011
I haven't noticed that one before. I have noticed, however, that the steering column squeaks where it passes through the slip ring in the warmer weather (I guess the metal column expands with the heat).

tommayo88

May 8, 2016
Hi, have you tried some lubrication. I work in the locksmith industry doing a lot if dealership work on locks n keys. Try graphite powder but not too much.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

jasons76

May 9, 2016
I haven't tried any lube yet,i will give it a try and see what happens,just gone out to the car now and temp has cooled down a bit and key turns better in barrel.

tommayo88

May 8, 2016
I've noticed it on mine. Thinks there is more than one culprit. The electrics on the back play a part. Nothing to worry about.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Alexanderwhite

Oct 3, 2016
I have a similar issue on my k8 650s. The knack involves moving the key in a clockwise 'O' while taking the steering lock off or turning the ignition on.I was so worried and then googled and find Locksmith in Miami and i contact them and they resolve the issue of ignition barrel.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members