DiddlyDonker's FR PD170

DiddlyDonker

Jan 3, 2015
North Wales
UPDATE:

Finally got round to purchasing new headlights to remove the horrible yellow look of the stocks! Decided to go with the MTEC Super White H1's and H7s, also bought some LED sidelights:

Sidelights Day and Night:

H7 Dipped Beam Day and Night:

H1 Main Beam Day and Night:

Thought why stop at the front? So I purchased a CREE LED reverse bulb to match ;):

Stock Bulb:

CREE Bulb:

CREE BULB at Night:

Can safely say I'm pleased with all of them, especially the reverse light! Improves vision when reversing at night by %100 as compared to the stock bulb. Would definitely recommend it to anyone who has trouble seeing where they're reversing due to SEAT deciding to stick one reverse light on the Leon's. Here's where I got it:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261169683340?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Doesn't bring up an error in both my Pre FL and my girlfriends FL Leon.

The pictures don't do any justice for the MTEC Super Whites either. The H7's give off a nice crisp white light and improve the field of view at night much more than stock bulbs. The H1's aren't the best when it comes to range of light. They're not much better if not equal to the stocks although they do give off a nicer white light on the road, but still show a yellow tinge if your looking at them (but why would you be?:whistle:).

All in all I'm pleased with the results :D.

Things still to come are:

FR car mats
FR door sills
Tinted front and rear lights
Grille surround Plasti Dipped black
Interior fascias sprayed satin or gloss black
Smoked side indicators/repeaters
New CD player (possibly)
Mufflerectomy (possibly)
New exhaust tip (possibly)

*possibly depending on if my budget improves anytime.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

patty101

Jan 29, 2015
dudley
What brand are your side lights mate? It looks nice and it gives a nice amount of light. I got some ebay led side lights and even at night i can only see a tiny dot in my headlamp. Nice looking car mate

Sent from my LG-D722 using Tapatalk

patty101

Jan 29, 2015
dudley
Thanks mate :D that on order then. Mine are only a single led so hopefully that be better :D thanks

patty101

Jan 29, 2015
dudley
Should be with me on Wendsday so will see :d but they look way better than mine. Thanks for the link mate

DiddlyDonker

Jan 3, 2015
North Wales
So I'm back with a little update. Been away from the forums for a while as I recently got a new job which provides a company van meaning the Leon has had little use over the last six months. But as it starts to get sunnier I hope to finish a few things I had planned to do from last year.

First thing first, these arrived today:

Philips X-tremeVision. Bought to replace my MTEC Super White H1s as they are just not bright enough. Got them fitted and will see how they preform later on tonight. Hopefully I'll be able to see at night now :D.

Also arrived today:

Set of FR mats (no that's not dirt on them, it's just sunlight :D). Bought to replace my old mats which have started folding up under the pedals, not safe!

They look tidy, gave the car a quick hoover to, just need to clean the sills really:

As I said. Just a little update, but an update none the less!

Thanks for looking!

DiddlyDonker

Jan 3, 2015
North Wales
Been a rough few weeks with the Leon lately as both rear callipers seized on me damaging the disks and pads on their way out, all needing replacing! £440 later and she's back on the road with a pair of new ankles and seeing as it's been a sunny week I decided to give the car a clean and wax after the surgery :p:

Also decided to add a little detail to the front grilles with some red adhesive strips:

BEFORE

AFTER

Small change but I like it. Hopefully more to come this summer.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

DiddlyDonker

Jan 3, 2015
North Wales
Where and what exactly are those alloys? How rough is the ride with that and the lowering springs?

Not sure what you mean by 'where are those alloys?' but as for what, all the info is in my sig.

The ride with the 18s is ever so slightly rougher than the stock 17", not really noticeable, but was improved by the H&R lowering springs. Better than stock.

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.