Can anyone tell me what this pipe is for?

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
So, I was checking my oil this morning and noticed the pipe circled in the picture below had a gap around it. Summoning all my technical knowledge I figured pipe + gap = not good. After investigation, it turns out the cover on the plastic box thing to its right was just balanced on and not clipped on.

I've now put all 3 clips back on properly and it feels tight... but can anyone tell me what the box it goes into is (I've left the lid off in the photo)? And possibly what its for? Thanks.

IMG_4618_zpsfzohu7w0.jpg

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
So, I was checking my oil this morning and noticed the pipe circled in the picture below had a gap around it. Summoning all my technical knowledge I figured pipe + gap = not good. After investigation, it turns out the cover on the plastic box thing to its right was just balanced on and not clipped on.

I've now put all 3 clips back on properly and it feels tight... but can anyone tell me what the box it goes into is (I've left the lid off in the photo)? And possibly what its for? Thanks.

IMG_4618_zpsfzohu7w0.jpg

Air inlet, iirc that box is open where it points towards the grille.

linfordfr

nardo grey
Nov 9, 2015
south yorkshire
Yeah as said it's youre air scoop lol. You've no lid on it so you're not feeding air into you're box. The scoop at the grill is what feeds it into you're box (air filter) you've no lid so the air can't travel. .. simple terms air isn't getting to you're filter its just being dumped into the engine bay

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Ah right, cheers. Lids secured on there now. I looked down into it and could see out the other side. But figured it must do something or it wouldn't be in there :D

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Bain of my life that part of the air filter! Rattles like a bitch at 1500rpm. Mines covered in loads of tape to hold it down.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.