how many miles has everybody done??

Battoussai

Mar 22, 2016
Portugal
Another TDI with 2000 plate that hit 110.000KM. Very pleased with the car. Recently Remapped and no problems so far.
Have to change the passengers window clips (plastic broke). Peeling door handles. New MAF. Master injector cleaned. Changed the passengers side mirror for standard size just for the good looking.

Daedalus

136,000 Miles on my 2004 LCR and still going strong! I'm aiming to at least match my previous car, which was a Mk III Golf GTI 16V and was still going well with close to 170,000 miles on the clock before it was scrapped for being totally rusted. The engine from it lives on in a Mk II track car I believe...

icestorm81

Sep 9, 2008
Dorset, Dorchester
88,000 miles now, drivers side door is now letting water in and I am getting the following done this june-

Uprated rods, valves, and engine head rebuild.
K04-380 Turbo
Gen2 high flow manifold
V2.2 Silicon only bit of my TIP
Supertech exhaust valves
Bosch 550cc injectors
AEM Water Meth
Fitting AEM Water Meth
FMIC

red_elephant

Mar 12, 2016
Fascinating thread this - seems a lot of people (like me) are very attached to their old Mk1

Mine is a 2001 20V T, coming up to 110,000 miles now. I've had it since it was 2 years old, best car I've ever owned. It's now on 2nd car duties as I recently acquired a Mk3 FR. Guess what? I still prefer driving the Mk 1....

No mods at all, I've always been happy with it as it is.

Reliability has been very good, until recently the worst that happened was a passenger door window winder failure (those nasty plastic clips) and a split engine breather hose. Unbelievably, it's still on its original exhaust system (now I've said that, it will probably drop off tomorrow).

Now I've got a misreading fuel gauge and central locking mayhem - hopefully a new drivers door lock will fix that.

BTW, I've always run it on 95 octane supermarket petrol, and it's never missed a beat.

Klaus71

Sep 22, 2015
Minehead
Just tipped 140k at the beginning of the month. Totally standard until I bough it a year ago.
Original water pump gave up the other day (cambelt was changed but no receipt for a pump).

Did a compression test and all cylinders showed 13 Bar. Engine runs as sweet as something with less than half the mileage (kiss of death!!!!)

Cossie-boy

Nov 25, 2012
Wait for it...2005 FR PD150 wiiiith...57k miles when I bought it two weeks ago :D

My previous MK1 FR had done 84k when I sold it, bought a MK2 FR CR170...amazing car but just couldn't adjust to it, so sold it and bought another MK1 which I luv luv luv!

Cossie-boy

Nov 25, 2012
Hopefully not, one VW mechanic owner from new, and serviced every 5k, recent turbo, clutch and DMF done, cambelt and waterpump done, seems all good to me!

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
You have hit a gold mine then mate if it's a one owner from new and he was a VW mechanic, you must have paid a pretty penny for her then , good luck, look forward to hearing about the new beast lol

vicalva

Cup Racing R - Legend
Aug 13, 2003
Madrid
Visit site
My LCR210 2003 has 232.000km on the clock. Had a leaking shock absorber after 150k km, a few faulty sensors in 12 years (3 times engine and twice ABS), a faulty "tube 12" in the engine (no idea what it is but costly), faulty coil pack after 180k approx., leakage in coolant circuit, leakage in windshield washer circuit, faulty coolant temperature regulator, faulty remote locking. That's about it on top of my head. Not major stuff but quite annoying as they keep on coming.

DrewCole

Spannering the Cupra
Oct 19, 2015
Braintree, Essex
Spent the day debating with myself whether to get just lowering springs or shocks and springs for my LC...

Narrowed it down to either AP or H&R as my choices.

I'm leaning towards both shocks and springs as I'm not sure how the handling would be with just springs....

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
Springs all the way mate, I have dropped mine 40mm alround and my ride quality and hight and handling is perfect, if you go for coilovers you will get a solid ride, and prob brake something with it being so hard.

DrewCole

Spannering the Cupra
Oct 19, 2015
Braintree, Essex
Ha!!! Just realised this is the wrong thread!

Whoops!

Still, thanks John!

Found out my rear springs have been replaced for none Cupra ones which is why it sits so high at the rear.

W44DUP

May 17, 2016
West Sussex
63 reg Leon FR bought at 1 year old with 9,000 miles. Now 2.5 years old with 36,000 miles (Coming up for its 2nd long life service)...
Heartbreaking to see these miles flying up so fast and that is with a lift share to work! :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
---------------------------------
Seat Leon FR MK3 2.0 TDI 2013

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
63 reg Leon FR bought at 1 year old with 9,000 miles. Now 2.5 years old with 36,000 miles (Coming up for its 2nd long life service)...
Heartbreaking to see these miles flying up so fast and that is with a lift share to work! :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
---------------------------------
Seat Leon FR MK3 2.0 TDI 2013

You should be in the MK3 section mate not the MK1 lol

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.