GEARBOX for seat leon cupra k1

kakashi7DBD

Mar 12, 2016
BAD NEWS. my gear box is on its way out.have a noise coming from 4th and 6th when accelerating. i have a SEAT LEON CUPRA K1. wanting to get a used good condition gearbox. can anyone help me out with what im looking for, for example ive been told i could use GOLF GTI MK5 gearbox. is this true? what other options are there? or is there anyone on here that is selling one or knows someone who is.

ive been looking online but not sure what the 'codes' are for example ive seen JLZ, KNX, CFH KPA to name a few

thanks

also, DSG boxes, are they just auto or you can get manual too?

im located in LEEDS if anyone has anything, thanks.

Jun 25, 2012
Gateshead
Get yourself on face book tfsi group there's always a couple for sale , there was me with an lsd already fitted going for £1200ish

Lots of advice too

Failing that there breakers on eBay etc,

Last edited:

kakashi7DBD

Mar 12, 2016
ah right thanks for letting me know, im having a look now, what is the exact name of the group please, i see about 3 or 4, is it tfsi parts for sale/wanted ?

u mean u got yourself a gearbox with a LSD fitted ? nice i wouldn't mind an LSD myself, my astra vxr had one and transformed it !

Big Dunc

Oct 4, 2011
The DSG can be driven as an auto or a manual.

No clutch peddle, and performs just like a normal auto when in "D", but you can drive it as an auto and change manually either on the gear stick or steering wheel paddles when you feel like it.

Jun 25, 2012
Gateshead
ah right thanks for letting me know, im having a look now, what is the exact name of the group please, i see about 3 or 4, is it tfsi parts for sale/wanted ?

u mean u got yourself a gearbox with a LSD fitted ? nice i wouldn't mind an LSD myself, my astra vxr had one and transformed it !

No, there was one for sale with an lsd already fitted, and yes that's the group , there s a couple but they usually have the same parts on .

There's a vw breakers in Gateshead called veedubs there on eBay aswell

kakashi7DBD

Mar 12, 2016
The DSG can be driven as an auto or a manual.

No clutch peddle, and performs just like a normal auto when in "D", but you can drive it as an auto and change manually either on the gear stick or steering wheel paddles when you feel like it.

ok thanks for the info !!

kakashi7DBD

Mar 12, 2016
No, there was one for sale with an lsd already fitted, and yes that's the group , there s a couple but they usually have the same parts on .

There's a vw breakers in Gateshead called veedubs there on eBay aswell

ah right ok wonder if its still there, i requested to join the group just now

Dorny

Feb 23, 2015
I will have a K1 gearbox for sale in a months time, as I'm doing a AWD conversion so using an S3 Gearbox, but it wont be out of the car for atleast another month.

kakashi7DBD

Mar 12, 2016
I will have a K1 gearbox for sale in a months time, as I'm doing a AWD conversion so using an S3 Gearbox, but it wont be out of the car for atleast another month.

right ok interesting. i think my gear box will hold out til then. unless i get one before then, but how much you looking to sell for ?

kakashi7DBD

Mar 12, 2016
ok thanks, anyone know if a 2.0 tfsi gearbox off a golf GTI will fit a cupra K1 ? might go and view it over the weekend. i believe its a MK5 gti but will ask now.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.