1.4TSI 150 induction kit

Liquid Tension

Feb 2, 2016
I'll probably try the pipercross one. Free p&p until the end of the month too.

Hopefully it won't be long until someone designs some full cold air feeds as I'm not handy enough to piece one together myself!

jadajo38

Nov 10, 2015
Merthyr Tydfil, South Wales
Might be worth putting the part number into eBay to see if it comes up any cheaper?

Honestly mate it's nothing, 2 silicon 90 degree elbows and about 600mm of 2.5" pipe, the factory air box pretty much just pulls off

Had an email saying my cone filters been despatched should be here tomorrow, I'll chuck a photo up as soon as I get it on

Liquid Tension

Feb 2, 2016
Pictures would be awesome. The Mrs has given me the nod to get an air filter but tempted to see what your setup looks like Jadajo! Are you not installing a heat shield?

jadajo38

Nov 10, 2015
Eventually yes, once the filter and piping is all on place one of the engineers in work is going to take some measurements to make one for me out of aluminium which I'm then going to have powder coated by a mates dad.

When the heat shield is in place then I'll run in some tidy cold air ducting :thumbup:

Last edited:

stb

May 10, 2016
the Netherlands
I am considering a pipercross as well I am not sure about the diffences between a pipcross or a K&N one. I think they are quite comparable right?

jadajo38

Nov 10, 2015
It's on but it's slapped on at the moment, need to make a few adjustments before I put a photo up, I highly misjudged the size of the filter though, it's tiny :doh:

I am considering a pipercross as well I am not sure about the diffences between a pipcross or a K&N one. I think they are quite comparable right?

K&N are generally cotton, pipercross tend to be foam

Personally I prefer foam as the cotton ones are ridged so more dirt gets trapped and clogs it up

slamka33

Dec 6, 2014
I bought K&N, I am used for cotton ones.
But it is not so fun with direct replacement as is with "open intake" which I had on my previous car.
It's just about feeling that filter is K&N, washable, better one as stock paper one (which service does not change after first warranty service - 1.5y and 30.000 km - I think paper one needs to be change at least ones per year and for sure less km).

jadajo38

Nov 10, 2015
Yeah open filters are much louder
Stock filter on the 1.4tsi ACT are changed every 2 years or 20,00 miles because of the long service intervals
Just be careful with K&N because if it's an oiled filter the oil can coat the MAF sensor and cause some problems

slamka33

Dec 6, 2014
Pipercross is oiled filter as well.
Mine stock paper filter was not changer after first service.. I replaced it with K&N after this service.

What is MAF senzor and how to clean it in case of oiling?

jadajo38

Nov 10, 2015
Not all pipercross are oiled, just like not all K&N are oiled
MAF stands for mass air flow, to be honest I'm not sure how you would clean it as I'm not a mechanic, I've just heard horror stories of them becoming coated and breaking

Last edited:

slamka33

Dec 6, 2014
I tried to search about this topic more..but found a statement there is no MAF senzor in 1,4 TSI & 1,4 TSI ACT motor. Is that true?

Last edited:

Liquid Tension

Feb 2, 2016
I'm crazy desperate to get this car sounding a bit more beefy but don't have the connections to get a heat shield made. The first company to produce a heat shielded cone system or a cold air feed is getting my money!

jadajo38

Nov 10, 2015
I'm crazy desperate to get this car sounding a bit more beefy but don't have the connections to get a heat shield made. The first company to produce a heat shielded cone system or a cold air feed is getting my money!

Got my homebrew open filter on ran it for a few weeks and it was noticeably down on power, even if I did get some sort of heat shield made I don't think it would've been enough

My advice would be to hold out for a decent induction kit to come on the market, maybe get an uprated panel filter in the mean time

But for the record the open filter sounded mint! Lots of sucking and spooling, but eventually the little bit less oomph from it sucking hot air wasn't outweighed by the lovely sound, standard filter is back on until I order a foam panel filter probably the same time as I go revo stage 1 :D

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise