What lowering springs?

Stevenknox

Feb 13, 2016
Looking for a set of lowering springs for a 2008 1.9 105 Leon, wanting to drop about 25-30mm and comfort would sort of be the priority.

Any advice on makes and prices?

Thanks

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
For that sort of a drop people tend to go for Eibach pro's (20-30mm) or sportlines (30-50mm) and depending on where you get them (eBay generally has the best deals) they can be anywhere from £130-180.

I have H&R's on mine which give an even 40mm drop all round compared to the nose down look of the Eibachs. H&R's can be had for £130 off eBay from Germany.

Comfort will be massively improved over the standard spring no matter which you choose.

Stevenknox

Feb 13, 2016
Thanks for the replies
H&R's and Eibach's are definitely the best out there and I've only heard good things but they're a little dear for me. Any thoughts or experiences on AP or Apex or should I save up for? Was looking at DPM Performance for ones

wickage453

May 11, 2016
Hi, I have a seat Leon 5f SE 2015 and am running 8x18 rims (225/40/r18) and am looking to lower the car. I'm not sure on what type / size of springs to go for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daniel M

Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Thanks for the replies
H&R's and Eibach's are definitely the best out there and I've only heard good things but they're a little dear for me. Any thoughts or experiences on AP or Apex or should I save up for? Was looking at DPM Performance for ones

DPM is expensive compared to eBay. As I mentioned they can both be had for £130 off there. That's where I got mine from.

How much are the AP & Apex ones?

Hi, I have a seat Leon 5f SE 2015 and am running 8x18 rims (225/40/r18) and am looking to lower the car. I'm not sure on what type / size of springs to go for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post in the MK3 section mate, someone there will be able to help ;)

Last edited:

Never2old

Jul 5, 2014
North East
Thanks for the replies

Me personally I would save up

Countryboyhaha

Jan 6, 2016
Cavan, Ireland
I have a 2007 TDI 140 with 18" BBS Seat alloys. What sort of drop would the H&R give and how have you found it. I do think the car is too high but worried about going to low, comfort and speed humps and the like

DamianPM

Mar 26, 2008
Newcastle/Durham
DPM is expensive compared to eBay. As I mentioned they can both be had for £130 off there. That's where I got mine from.

How much are the AP & Apex ones?

Post in the MK3 section mate, someone there will be able to help ;)

Yes we're more expensive then buying direct from one of the German companies on eBay but if anything goes wrong it's much easier to deal with it if you've purchased from a UK supplier.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Daniel M

Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
I have a 2007 TDI 140 with 18" BBS Seat alloys. What sort of drop would the H&R give and how have you found it. I do think the car is too high but worried about going to low, comfort and speed humps and the like

H&R give a 40mm drop. Will be fine against speed bumps and will improve the comfort over standard.

Personally I love mine now it's on the H&R's, more comfortable and handles a hell of a lot better.

Last edited:

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
Another vote for H&R springs, completely transformed the car in terms of looks and ride quality.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.