Tyres

Boj27

Dec 15, 2015
London
Needs some new front tyres. I've whittled it down.

1) pilot sport cup 2's
2) pilot super sports
3) pilot sport 4's
3) Goodyear eagle f1 3's.

I've heard that the ps4's are he successor to the PSS. I'm worried that the cup's will be horrible in the wet, and that the difference between the PSS/PS4 in the wet will outweigh the advantage of the cup's in the dry, even though they're better. Any thoughts on this? Good years are slightly cheaper but not by that much. Anyone got experience with these compared to the michelins?

rambalad

Nov 1, 2013
Merseyside
Got a pair of the Goodyear's this week. A lot quieter than the factory fit Contisports. Got them through Blackcircles with the 10% Paypal discount that I think is still on for a few more days.

ESS

Jan 11, 2016
Im running cup 2's amazing on a sunny day. I wouldnt push on in the wet though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trettiosjuan

Jan 21, 2016
Got the PS4. Our cars do fine the dry and you would have to drive like a real nutter to think you have too little grip on the PS4. In the wet though we can use all the help we can get traction wise.
I find the PS4 progressive and predictable which is great for the public road. If you regularly do track days and stay at home when it rains, get the SC2...

Last edited:

ESS

Jan 11, 2016
Its raining today and im using the cup 2's ;-)
Its all about managing your right foot lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jpor

May 10, 2015
Cheshire
Just bought 4 PS4,s for my FR 184 TDi. Replaced the crappy Bridgestones s001s. A couple of weeks in, and only managed to get a small amount of wheel spin in Sport mode on a wet day. Apart from that very happy with them. Excellent grip in the dry and very good in the wet. Was torn between getting these and Pilot Super Sports. But reading on tyre review sites and the PS4's were getting better reviews than the PSS's. Spent £121 a corner. But worth it to stop the traction problems I was having with the Bridgestones.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.