Help choosing a color for Cupra

JimH

Cupra 300 ST DSG 4Drive
May 23, 2015
Norwich, UK
I've been really pleased with my Nevada White 280ST - it was a dealer demonstrator so I didn't have the pressure of choice. It's a subtle metallic that looks great when clean in the sun, but doesn't look that dirty when actually really filthy in the winter either.....

ggo89

Hot Hatch Fan
May 19, 2016
Cluj-Napoca, RO
The story began quite a while ago but finally, I'm pleased to announce that I've deposit the down payment fee for the 5dr 290 Leon Cupra including:
-Map pack
-Full Link/MirrorLink
-Driver aid pack
-CUPRA Black Line pack
-Winter pack
-SEAT Sound System
-Front&Rear parking sensors
-Navi Plus
-Sunroof pan

color: Pirineos Grey

The wait begins (prolly going to find out when production's supposed to begin, tomorrow or Monday)

Thanks everyone so much for helping me reach a decision! :love::love:

Cupra

May 14, 2016
Finland, Helsinki
Nice setup for your car, almost identically to mine.

I had the same problem. I was playing around with Pirineos Grey and Silver. Eventually I went with Silver with black pack cause contrast was better with silver then Pirineos Grey. Pirineos Grey is very nice color and I have seen it also live in store (that Cupra was ST). I have also sunroof so it match perfectly with bright silver. In store they did not have silver car for show so I needed also relay on pictures on screen. I've seen pictures from Geneve Motorshow and silver Cupra which they had on stage was just stuning (if you ask from me). So Silver for me.

Also started to plan paint the break calipers to bright green instead of red.

Seat-Leon-Cupra-280-front-three-quarter-Geneva-Live.jpg

Last edited:

ggo89

Hot Hatch Fan
May 19, 2016
Cluj-Napoca, RO
Nice setup for your car, almost identically to mine.

I had the same problem. I was playing around with Pirineos Grey and Silver. Eventually I went with Silver with black pack cause contrast was better with silver then Pirineos Grey. Pirineos Grey is very nice color and I have seen it also live in store (that Cupra was ST). I have also sunroof so it match perfectly with bright silver. In store they did not have silver car for show so I needed also relay on pictures on screen. I've seen pictures from Geneve Motorshow and silver Cupra which they had on stage was just stuning (if you ask from me). So Silver for me.

Also started to plan paint the break calipers to bright green instead of red.

Pics of your ride, PLS!

Cuprobbie

May 4, 2016
Hamilton
Colour for a Cupra? Let's face it, none are absolutely drop dead gorgeous. SEAT really need to up their game colour wise.

Here's my very humble opinion, which is totally personal and will be at odds with lots of people's opinions. Thank goodness we're all different, as the motoring world would be a boring place otherwise.

Red is nice. (It's what I chose)
Blue. Don't really like it much as it's a bit bright for my tastes. I wish their was a blue like my neighbour's previous S3 or his new RS3.
Silver. A bit bland, although I really loved my Type R in silver.
Grey or Black. I really don't think dark colours do anything to enhance the shape/lines/style of the Leon, although I've had black cars in the past.
White, I'd have gladly taken if one was in stock.
Dynamic Grey. Saw one in the flesh and really liked it and would have accepted that if in stock.

I think car colour preference is a bit like food. I love mushrooms and prawns, but my daughter would gag or possibly throw up if either were in her mouth. I can't understand her and likewise she can't understand me.

ggo89

Hot Hatch Fan
May 19, 2016
Cluj-Napoca, RO
If you are wondering how pirineos looks in combination with the black pack: take a look at my cupra:

I'm still very happy with the color choice I made, you won't regret it! :)

Looks amazing! Staggering!:-o CAN'T WAIT!
Have you had any problems with it?

Last edited:

Aaron87

Nov 19, 2013
My wife's Leon is in Moonsoon Grey which I think looks really nice.. I've just ordered a 290 in Dynamic Grey which I cannot wait to get!! Although it wont be ready till September.. Factory have only just confirmed the order when I placed it middle of May!!

Eggy

Jun 3, 2016
Estonia
I know the dilemmas. I actually was also picking the color for my Cupra 290 about a year. I was test driving Nevada White + Orange line pack, it was nice, but I think that orange alloys (not the performance pack ones) are bit too massive spokes for orange line. White and gray are bit too dull for me, blue would be very nice and awesome but not so classy (probably black alloys do not fit also with that color). Finally ordered black with white line color pack. For summer I plan to buy some black-red alloys.

Happy Days

Cupra 280/ FR 184 Nice.
Apr 13, 2016
Somerset
I've been really pleased with my Nevada White 280ST - it was a dealer demonstrator so I didn't have the pressure of choice. It's a subtle metallic that looks great when clean in the sun, but doesn't look that dirty when actually really filthy in the winter either.....

After having a MK7 Golf in black, it looked awesome when clean but I needed a change so Nevada White was the only option, awesome is all I can say.

YerMaw

Jul 4, 2016
Only a handful of photos in a thread like this means your doing the internet wrong. People need to stop saying "this colour is best cause that's what colour mine is" shut up and post a flaming picture already. Most threads are criminally lacking in Cupra flavoured visual stimulus.

Aaron87

Nov 19, 2013
haha!!!

Couldn't agree more.. serious lack of pictures.

I get my 290 tomorrow so I'll be sure to post some!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.