Guari's FR

guari

Nov 17, 2014
Hi all.

So I've been part of SCN for a few months and wanted to share a bit.

I bought with my wife a 2014 1.8TSI FR, second hand, approved SEAT from a Scottish dealer. It came from SEAT UK stock with 4000 miles.

I truly love the car. My past cars have been Toyotas, big 4x4's and such, a Corolla, a Starlet, couple Land Cruisers, so it's a full 180 turn on my lineup. Anyhow, parking spots in Europe are tiny, streets are tiny, so I guess a tiny car makes sense.

We've had the car from a few months and absolutely love it. We were originally insured with a mod-unfriendly company so I re-insured with a new company yesterday. Will plan to do a couple light mods but nothing extraordinary.

First thing I did was install independent front and a rear dash cams for security. I'm using some from Transcend and can really recommend them. They have very good coverage, resolution, low-light performance and they also have wi-fi viewing. I'll post a pic of those later on.

I also got a cel phone base from RAM mounts. I got tired of throwing money away on poorly constructed Chinese mounts that would loose suction and fall on the pedals while driving (Read Halfords!!) and the RAM mounts are truly hardcore on grip and stability.

I booked the car for next week as the mailman had some toys to deliver. I got some Eibach from Damian and a Remus back system for the car. Really stocked to get these on!

These couple first pics are from our first trip to the Highlands, mid January

_GGR0227 by gguari, on Flickr

_GGR0313 by gguari, on Flickr

And this one is from a more recent trip to Glencoe

_GGR0445 by gguari, on Flickr

This is the Remus exhaust we just got!

_GGR0455 by gguari, on Flickr

And our friend the seal for good measure!

_GGR0260 by gguari, on Flickr

Thanks, will update later when we get the exhaust and suspension up!

Last edited:

guari

Nov 17, 2014
So I managed to install the remus sport exhaust. It's a twin tip, same layout as the factory one

Now the engine is a bit more throaty and sounds a bit deeper. Very nice but I still have to leave the city to some B roads in order to get to know it better. I might take out the central silencer too.

Here's a video, but you need to crack up the volume as it's just a celphone recording

Remus exhaust 1.8TSI MK3

Last edited:

guari

Nov 17, 2014
I've managed to do my first ever track day. An evening in Knockhill, sunny scotland. It was raining cts and dogs, quite cold and really wet day!

Here's my best attempt during the day!

http://youtu.be/JXTEvKPC2iQ

Jun 25, 2012
Gateshead
Hey Guari,

Nice color that! Id love a mk3 sc.

Shame it's pissing down at knockhill, Trackdays days are a good way of exploring your cars handling, but it doesnt leave much room for error in the wet. You'll enjoy croft it's fast and technical, I think I manage about 110mph on the speedo in 3 different sections of the track it's a hoot.
I'll pop down if Iv got time

Ps, what's with the seal?

Last edited:

guari

Nov 17, 2014
Hey Guari,

Nice color that! I love a mk3 sc.

Shame it's pissing down at knockhill, Trackdays days are a good way of exploring your cars handling, but it doesnt leave much room for error in the wet. You'll enjoy croft it's fast and technical, I think I manage about 110mph on the speedo in 3 different sections of the track it's a hoot.
I'll pop down if Iv got time

Thanks John! real pissing down but it was great in the end!

Hope to see you if you do come over to Croft!

guari

Nov 17, 2014
Sorry to say I've parted with my beloved Leon.

Growing up has hit home and I've upsized to a Tiguan.

Thanks for those who followed this short log of my car. Loved it and miss it very much but time came.

Take care all!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.