Black Mk2 seat leon cupra,Rtech Tuned TTE420, 443bhp???

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
Mapping time :)

So my car was booked in at

Niki had my car for 1 week, and he really worked his magic.
The car performed very well indeed and made power with ease.
The car accepted lots of timing and just flowed the topend power (porting work really paid off)
This was a very linear tune, not aggressive at all, on the road it doesn't feel that way :lol:

The final figures were

426ftlb at 1.9 bar
424bhp at 1.5 bar

This is non meth dependant although it's advised to run it if really kicking it's head in, Nikis words not mine haha.

I cannot thank Niki enough for his work on my car, it's beyond expectations, it's seriously fast and just a real nice drive.
Very professional service as to be expected from such a reputable company.

I would also like to thank Simon from TTE he assisted me very well, aftercare was fantastic.

Finally Alex from AKS tuning, never known a service like Alex's, the man bends over backwards to help you out and I know how busy he is.

Here's the final graph.

Air flow logs (oem maf housing)

And just a few of the car

Oh and the relentless coilovers are amazing :)

Last edited:

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
Stunning car mate! An absolute monster! Hopefully be getting my Cupra in with R-Tech for a stage 1+ soon, and from what you are saying it's the right choice!

Thanks dude. It is a monster on the road, a real battle lol. You can't go wrong with R-tech.

Awesome figures Sam, cars looking great. I would take the stickers off the boot so nobody knows what's under the bonnet ;)

Thanks mate. Tbh I'm not a sticker fan really, just showing off ATM :lol:

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
Ok so I had a nice play this evening, words can't describe how impressed I am.
This damn car just keeps on pulling.
Few power runs tonight. Peak airflow 355gs
Bhp reading on the liquid gauge backs this up nicely :)

443bhp

Really can't recommend the TTE420 enough.

Last edited:

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
Oh yeah forgot to say, I must be sad as I have the first nick name for my car :)
Stealth Bomber :lol:

Last edited:

swordfish103

Oct 8, 2014
Ede, The Netherlands
Ahh I see...
I need to source some 18" wheels which fit over the TTRS brakes with 370mm discs.
19" in the summer (still a struggle to fit) and 18" in the winter.

Looks very clean mate :rock:

Josh

Mar 28, 2016
Derbyshire
Love what you've done with the cupra, great build thread. Might have to order a 3.5" downpipe at some point if you can still do them.

Last edited:

Team cowie

Jun 7, 2016
Hey guys, thanks for the positive comments.

As stated above, much overdue update needed.

I will start with the TTE420 itself.
I really wanted this to be the ultimate setup and not needed to have its neck wrenched to make the power so I thought I would buy a complete porting kit. I ported the hell out the TTE and also matched the turbo outlet to my 3.5" downpipe. This is to create a super smooth transition.
I also ported the manifold runners to suit the head.

I spent a good 10 hours in total doing the porting, did such a fine finish in the end, I got the wet and dry out, topped off with polish.

Here's a few photos.

Before and after

Now for the fitting.

I fitted the Tte using axle stands and out on the road. It went very smoothly and pretty pleased with my efforts.
All new gaskets crush washers were installed

She's in :)

That's the turbo side of things done.

These TTE 420 turbos are the best bolt on turbo make the numbers that is quoted

Daniel H

Nov 3, 2016
Macclesfield
Wow ! What a stunning looking build , giving me lots of inspiration for my virtually standard FR.
I would be grateful for any information on the bonnet gas strut as a previous owner has snapped the bit off my slam panel where the original stay should clip in.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.