Kev's Mk2 Leon Cupra R now APR stage 2+

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
Kev's Mk2 Leon Cupra R stage 2 now BCS Powervalve

Abit of an update, Car is now booked in to AKS tuning for the 25th of July. I was going to fit the parts myself but the gf wants a few days in London so I've used this as a excuse to pay Alex another visit.
Parts to Fit are;
High Flow Turbo Discharge Pipe (going to get the bayonet done)
Peron Intercooler
High Flow Throttle Pipe
AKS Throttle Body Spacer (for future wmi installation)
Forge Throttle Body Hose
APR RFD
Inlet Valve Cleaned
R-Tech PCV Delete
Pagid RS 4-2 Blue Front Brake Pads
S3 Rear Caplier and Carriers (just sent to BrakeCaliperRefurbs to be refurbed in red to match my Brembos on the front)
Ferodo DS2500 Pads For The Rear
Drilled Rear Discs
Hell Braided Rear Brakes Hoses.

I think that's everything, once everything is fitted I'll have to sort out going to Awesome to get the APR software updated and maybe on the rolling road to see what sort of power and torque I'm getting.

Couple of weeks ago I give my Cupra R a good wash, snow foamed, washed, dried , tardis, rinsed, iron-x, washed, dried, clay bar, polish, and waxed. I was very impressed with the results,

7D0A5C3F-F880-4429-BEF2-48DD5BA929EC.jpg

C6642740-33F6-4F84-B315-E71A4ACA3A76.jpg

2EB87E8D-2AC7-4D38-80B8-97D6AD3B186A.jpg

90D7FBE6-1CCF-4085-8248-A9E50CBB51AA.jpg

49BB5EBA-7110-4D75-ADF1-08171143C988.jpg

Last edited:

scotty1310

Feb 21, 2016
Kent
Lovely updates! When you say the bayonet connector, is that meaning get it removed so you can use silicone hose and a jubilee clip? Which bayonet will you be getting removed? Have any pics? :)

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
Lovely updates! When you say the bayonet connector, is that meaning get it removed so you can use silicone hose and a jubilee clip? Which bayonet will you be getting removed? Have any pics? :)

Yeah the bayonet connector on the turbo discharge pipe, I've got a 63mm hose connector 100mm that will be welded into to the turbo discharge pipe then the intercooler hose will just jubilee clip on. I've seen a few people do this as its known to blow the bayonet connector an cause a boost lose. Am sure AlexK1 and Kebabwarrior have both done it on their Leon's. I'll try find a pic for you.

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
Kev's Mk2 Leon Cupra R stage 2 now BCS Powervalve

Thanks mate, to get the shine takes a lot of time and effort. I don't know the best products, but this is what I use, in order on the body work.
Auto Finesse Avalanche snow foam,
PoorBoys Super Slick Suds shampoo,
CarPro Iron X,
AutoSmart Tardis,
AutoGlym Super Resin Polish,
AutoGlym HD Wax,
Think that's everything, hope it helps.

Last edited:

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
Good mate, booked in for everything to be fitted for stage2+, should be awesome when it's do. I can't wait.

You selling up?

I'm gutted I never got mine that far, but tbf it needed quite a few things done before I would have even contemplated going stage 2+ haha.

I thought the brakes were ok but stage 2+ on standard brakes AND pads!!

Aye mate it's all back to standard now I'm ready to get rid :(

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
Bearing in mind this car has been modified, it's been soooooo reliable. Not given me any grief except for that rear drivers side lock now working.

Jun 25, 2012
Gateshead
I'm gutted I never got mine that far, but tbf it needed quite a few things done before I would have even contemplated going stage 2+ haha.

Bearing in mind this car has been modified, it's been soooooo reliable. Not given me any grief except for that rear drivers side lock now working.

I messaged you regarding the Revo on the mk5 forum. But missed your bcs exhaust thread

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria

I would rather make the car handle better and stop quicker before making it faster.

I wasn't happy with the standard brakes that's why they were changed straight away, but stage 2+ on standard brake set up I would never have done.

What you changing the Cupra for? Family wagon??

Mine has been the same so far no issues apart from the rear passenger side door lock playing up.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.