Fr lowering advice??

Checkley8

Jun 3, 2016
Birmingham
Has been covered over and over but after some opinions.... Looking to lower my Fr what's everyone's choice in terms of springs for a level drop?

Don't want to ruin the comfort but want to fill the arches a little more .... After searching the thread the h&r 40mm springs seem to be a good option

What's people's opinions?

Does anyone have any pictures of an Fr lowered on 40mm h&r springs?

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Photo%2015-05-2016%2014%2025%20381_zpsfw16fm8w.jpg

This is mine on H&R springs. When I first got them, I thought hmmm, that isn't very low. But them seem to have settled now and I'm happy with them!

Checkley8

Jun 3, 2016
Birmingham
Thanks for the pic looks smart exactly what I'm after...

What's the ride and handling like compared to standard springs?

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
Going to go with the 40mm h&r where's the cheapest place to get them?

There's only one H&R spring kit for the mk2 Leon, they lower 30 or 40 mm depending which model you fit them to. On the Cupra and FR you get a 30 mm drop.

There is a German seller on eBay who is about the cheapest, item number: 200874286055

Deleted member 12466

I'm after the same springs but for a 2010 Leon Cupra R, anybody recommend a seller?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
I too have 40mm H&R's and love them. Improved ride over standard and also bought from the seller mentioned a bit further up.

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
How does the Mk2 manage with clearance over speedbumps when lowered on H&R springs?

I live in a built-up area in a major city, so naturally I can't do more than 500 yards without incurring a speed bump or 4..... At the moment being standard height I can drive straight over the middle of most of them and barely need to slow down......

I've had a seriously low car in the past and it was not fun crawling over bumps at 2 mph at awkward angles to avoid scraping/hitting something

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
You haven't seen the speed bumps round this way! :rofl::lol:

I genuinely think it will make a huge difference. Been wanting to lower it for the last 2 years :confused:

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
I think you'll be fine Dan, but the really big ones will need to be taken one wheel on, one off if you know what I mean. I personally suffer no issues or scraping.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
How does the Mk2 manage with clearance over speedbumps when lowered on H&R springs?

I have the H&R springs and a triple R front splitter making the front even lower to the ground. But I've not scraped a speed bump (yet) and there are all sorts around here, the rounded ones, double bumps (FFS) and those sharp angled ones.

Ashers16

Feb 16, 2015
Northeast England
Will these fit the face lift fr alright? Been wanting to lower it for a year now. Sorry if this is a stupid question don't know a lot about cars mechanically lol

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.