My bonnets stuck and wont open!

D_O_U_G_I_E

100% Beach Bum
Aug 26, 2008
Midlands
Went out to my car today to check the levels and stuff before a long drive tomorrow, only to find that when I pulled the bonnet catch, and the bonnet popped open...the catch wouldn't release so I could lift it up! :(

I've tried to release the catch with a screw driver but it just wont move! Any ideas whats wrong and how I can get it open...?

Cheers in advance for all your help guys!

Pyro

keep closing it and trying again ;) and keep poking it with screwdriver it should come eventuly ;)

4937Liam

Jan 12, 2010
Lakenheath, Suffolk.
Mine was doing this recently - but Jabba seemed to have sorted this out when They fited my 312mm front brake conversion.

As mentioned keep trying to reclose it and try again it will come eventually.

Klaus71

Sep 22, 2015
Minehead
Try getting someone to push down on the bonnet then pull up whist someone is repeatedly pulling the release handle. Eventually it will come as long as the cable release is intact.

Mine did this for a bit when I refitted the slam panel. Mechanism needed a good degreasing and relube.

Now it's aligned properly I've no issues.

Marv-95

Dec 30, 2010
Southampton, Hampshire
Thanks I did try that - I think the black handle that pokes through the grill has a broken spring but Im not sure. Just can't get it to release the bonnet (stage 2). Just have to hope I don't need to get into it as I have a busy driving week next week. Thanks for the reply.

Marv

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members