Music in the Leon

MrRilo

Jun 4, 2016
Buxton, Derbyshire
Hi, I have just ordered a 1.4 tsi act FR in apollo blue, Tech Pack, 18" wheels, convenience plus, parking camera (for the better half) and am coming from a Focus 1.6 TDCI, can't wait.

I am hoping someone can help me with something. The Leon takes an SD card and I am wanting to put my music on this, however I want to create play lists eg Rock, Dance, Pop.

I have spent the last few hours on Google and am more confused. Has anyone done this and can they tell me how? I have a windows computer.

Looking forward to being part of the SEAT community.

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
mine's a 63 plate, and I don't think you can select by genre in that. Don't know about the new version.
Maybe when you download to the SD card you could put them in three different "albums" (folders), and then select "mix/shuffle" when you select one of these albums?

MrRilo

Jun 4, 2016
Buxton, Derbyshire
Thanks for reply, this sounds ideal.

If I understand correctly, I would create a folder for each 'genre' and just drag the music into the correct folder.

These folders then show up when selecting SD card on the infotainment screen? Yor then able to select shuffle on the screen?

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
I used MS Media Player to move albums from my PC to the SD card so it replicates "My Music" on the laptop.
When the card's in the car, selecting "media" gives you a list; you select the "album" and press first track. There's an on-screen option for shuffle.
I do find moving from the track playing back to the list of albums is a bit of a faff, with various options to select - "Back", "Selection", "SD" card - seems to be different each time, but I'm prepared to believe it's me.....it CAN do it, so you should be ok.
Best of luck:)

Portlanders

May 14, 2016
MrRilo,

We had a Focus 1.6td Titanium nav, 14 plate and took delivery of our 1.4tsi st fr just a few weeks ago.
I haven't tried the media music yet, for the simple reason that the dab radio on this car is so much better than in the focus, not only in the finding and storing of channels, but also the reception is much better.
In the focus we would keep losing signal of the dab, but on the same routes not once have we lost reception in the leon.
I did read about not putting stickers in the rear window as that could affect reception, and instructed the dealer not to place any.... which they of course ignored and had to remove once i pointed it out!
Something else for you to play with...

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.