Brand New Leon FR Sport Tourer - In Black.......

s200rey89

Jan 21, 2016
North East England
What do you recommend buying to protect / keep paintwork nice?? Ex motortrade, and all that 'pureguard' - 'superguard' is as good as - a waste of time? Can anybody recommend some good products?? Around £100 quid. Got the basics machine polisher pads cloths etc etc just no 'products' anymore so any advice on what's good these days would be great....

Cheers :help:

SeatJay

Jul 25, 2015
Can't really go wrong with Meguires or AutoGlym. Also had some good results from Mer.

If you want to spend a bit more look at Poor Boys and Dodo Juice seem to be well spoken off.

Never2old

Jul 5, 2014
North East
What do you recommend buying to protect / keep paintwork nice?? Ex motortrade, and all that 'pureguard' - 'superguard' is as good as - a waste of time? Can anybody recommend some good products?? Around £100 quid. Got the basics machine polisher pads cloths etc etc just no 'products' anymore so any advice on what's good these days would be great....

Cheers :help:

Where abouts in the northeast? If you want your paint work to look new and protected you have to get 9h pro ceramic coated on your car not cheap but best thing I ever did 2 years down the line and still looks brand new

MattFR

Jun 6, 2016
Poorboys black hole is a must have glaze for black paint, meguiars ultimate quick detailer also looks great on metallic blacks as a final finish, really makes the flake pop.

Matt

AndyG_TSi

Nov 1, 2011
East Manchester
I have the following in my detailing kit:

Autoglym SRP
Autoglym HD Wax
Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection
Poorboys black hole
Dodo juice purple haze

I can't fault any of the above products, but they do different things depending if you want a pure Polish or a glaze.

Get yourself a clay bar kit & always wash using the 2 bucket method and you won't go far wrong.

So process for a full protection should be.....

Rinse off
Snowfoamed
Rinsed off
2 bucket method wash
Rinse off
Leave wet - claybarring of paintwork with appropriate detailer spray
Rinsed off
Dry - use a drying towel not a chamois
Tackle any tar spots with an appropriate product & dry
Polish car
Wax/ glaze with an appropriate product

In between you will just need to service wash it & top up the wax/glaze layer as appropriate.

Keep on top of it and your car will remain as protected if not better protected than that lifeshine/supaguard rubbish a dealer flogs you

I've just done a full session as described above on my new car:

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=430734

Last edited: