cross another GTi off 'how many left'

old 'uns

Modern Life is Rubbish...
Mar 20, 2003
walsall
Visit site
'snotty' finally gone to the big Yard.....all for the princely sum of £50 :rolleyes:
68k miles and one very rusty, tired looking shell complete with mouldy interior, cracked bumpers and even the GTi headlamps not salvageable, daughter managed to break every plastic mount on 'em!

bete noir

Green Meanie
Dec 11, 2008
Last Resort
It is a pity. Won't be long before those eBay sellers who use the word 'rare' to describe mk2 GTi's are justified in doing so.

Copper Cupra

Dec 16, 2002
Exeter
'snotty' finally gone to the big Yard.....all for the princely sum of £50 :rolleyes:
68k miles and one very rusty, tired looking shell complete with mouldy interior, cracked bumpers and even the GTi headlamps not salvageable, daughter managed to break every plastic mount on 'em!

Shame!!... I would almost be tempted to restore a Kiwi one now, there's so few around! :(

old 'uns

Modern Life is Rubbish...
Mar 20, 2003
walsall
Visit site
I am taking loads of pictures as I go, and I will post some on here when I can do so without it being obvious what painfully slow progress I am making :redface:

remember....the slower you are the worse the rust!

i did have plans to track it but life got in the way, moving house, being employed after being self-employed for 20+yrs, then factor in discs, pads, tyres all round and it soon added up :(
i would have even given it away but as you look at the Forum now it's all about 'newer' cars.

the other cunning plan was to keep it as the values went up as Golf's became scarcer but it doesn't seem to have happened yet :whistle: although i fear it would have just been a pile on the floor! :rofl:

sports racer

Jan 4, 2016
Australia
It's the same in Australia. My Cupra is worth more for parts to modify a MK1 or 2 Golf.

Not even worth using as a trade-in as the dealers don't know what it is and won't touch them.