searching for car stereo android for leon

imz83

Jan 20, 2016
hi people

i just bought a seat leon 2006 1.9 tdi

I wanted to install a new car radio with the following specs

on android, wifi, support dvd mp3 sd card and rear reverse camera

i am searching on ebay but there are so many and i am totally new to this
i went to a friend who can install these he said try to by one from ebay and i will install it for you

has anybody any idea or someone can advise me which one i should be with all these features?

thanks

koush

Oct 30, 2010
Churchdown,Gloucester
Hi,

Most Android units have these features, so yes your choice is massive. Things you might want to look for is a pure android unit and not a android/window CE hybrid, how many usb ports, and what size of usb drive/sd card can it take. a lot have a max of 32gb, but if you want to keep all your music collection which is bigger than 32gb, that could be a problem as there are only a few that can do that. Another thing to consider is the aftersales support, most of these don't offer very good support. Also software/firmware updates, most don't offer software/firmware updates, so you are stuck with what you have. Finally, if you are after sat nav feature, most supply at an additional cost, you can get tem on ebay for about £20.00, so don't pay for it from the stereo supplier, or you can download for free if you know what you are doing. I have heard a company call Joying Android give good support, also a bit more expensive you can try AVIN Europe/USA, better English support as they are distributed from the US. Finally, I have a unit from Icartech, again good service, usually reply back within 24hrs. The last 2 units both allow to connect up to 500gb hard drive, and the AVIN unit gets great reviews on the VW US sites. Just Google AVIN and you should find it.

Koush

The_Saint

Apr 6, 2014
Cardiff
I bought a Philips WINCE unit that I am happy with as far as it goes but if I was buying now I would get this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pumpkin-Touchscreen-Navigation-Multi-media-Mirror-link/dp/B00RDRE8FG
Note that this is on the Amazon UK site, when I last linked to this some people were being directed to Amazon USA for some odd reason.

A note about devices that claim to support 32GB max, these days this is almost always an underclaim for licencing reasons to do with SDHC v SDXC https://www.sdcard.org/developers/overview/capacity/