Help!

Fenwick1991

Jun 10, 2016
Penrith Cunbria
I'm changing my wax and I'm stuck between choosing Poor Boys or the auto glym HD.

has anyone used these in the past and how would you rate them?

Or any other Wax that you regard as top quality.

Cheers

CRNeo

Feb 5, 2016
Liverpool
I've used poorboys SSR which I think is excellent for removing swirls/polishing. Also used the wheel wax which I thought was ok but the ex sealant I didn't like.

I also use autoglym shampoo for my general washing and have used super resin polish (which is a bit of a filler I think), extra gloss protection, tar remover and the window cleaner.. all I find to be excellent.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Last edited:

AndyG_TSi

Nov 1, 2011
East Manchester
If your already use Autoglym SRP, then you csn use Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection as a sealant if you like as well. These 2 Autoglym products are designed to work together.

I'm a big Autoglym fan. I have SRP, HD Wax & Extra Gloss Protection.
I have a lot of their other detailing products as well.

I find SRP & HD Wax the easiest to work with. I also use a DA polisher.

Few SRP/HD Wax combos

Last edited:

andyrich

Ateca 1.5 FR Sport 150
Mar 10, 2015
I am a big fan of Poorboys. I did use AG SRP but i found it to have a slight cutting action which the Poorboys Pro polish does not have. I tend to give my car a good polish twice a year followed by either black hole or white diamond then layer it with Nattys wax. Or an alternative to wax is the EX-P sealant which i put 2 coats on leave it a few days then a couple of coats of wax and that will last throughout the winter. SSR.1 is good for light scratches. what colour is your car as there are a few combos of products you can use, white diamond and nattys wax, black hole and nattys blue or red or both. Bast thing about the stuff is you can use it ib direct sun light even in the summer. Super slik and suds is a very good lubricated shampo and can be bought in bulk but 1L will last me 18 months and i was my car every week. Bold and bright tyre dressing is water based liquid and can be diluted but my must buy is the wheel sealant its just the best on the market apart from the new nano or ceramic coating which cost a fortune, i find 2 coats last over 3 months. have a look on there uk web site or the poorboys forum.

Last edited: