Interior light not working

davidcaffery

Sep 28, 2013
Manchester
Having a problem with my front interior/courtesy light opening any of the doors it doesn't turn on but the rear 2 work fine, I changed the lock module on the drivers side as that failed but is now fine and puddle lights working, passenger side module has failed and needs replacing, would this cause the light to not work at all or should it still switch on when the other doors are opened? Thanks in advance

hombre_paulo

Jan 12, 2013
Had this on mine - took the light out and took it apart.
The contacts on the switch needing bending a bit to restore contact to the terminals. Not a great explanation but if you`ll see what i mean

reidy4040

Jan 12, 2015
Corby
Yeah I know what you mean, I just bought a new light, didn't think I would have this problem with a brand new one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sockpuppet

Apr 30, 2007
Does the door safety light come on (the half white/half red light in the door panel) when you open the door? If it doesn't then the car doesn't know the door is open and won't operate the interior lights correctly, it also seemed to stop the glove box light from working on my car.

If this happens on the door with the new lock you didn't push the connector fully home or the locking tab broke and the connector has slipped a little.

reidy4040

Jan 12, 2015
Corby
If I open the doors, all the half red/white lights work, the glovebox light works, the boot light works, and the rear interior lights work it's just the main one that won't work with the doors.

reidy4040

Jan 12, 2015
Corby
I got the multi meter out and of the 3 pins I only have voltage on the central pin of the connector whether the doors are open or not, the 2 end pins have no voltage.

sockpuppet

Apr 30, 2007
Did the light work ok before you replaced the door lock and if so did it work anytime after the door lock replacement?
It's possible that the passenger lock could be the cause, but I wouldn't expect the safety light to operate in the door if it was at fault.

When you unlock the car or remove the ignition key do the rear interior lights activate (ruling out ignition barrel being stuck)

If you can rule out all the above being at fault then its possible that there is some sort of control module for the interior light that has failed as the interior light stays on for a set amount of time before fading and it would need some sort of controller to do that.

reidy4040

Jan 12, 2015
Corby
The door lock never got replaced, I just replaced the interior light as the toggle switch was broken when I got it. The rear interior lights come on and fade, just the front that does nothing when the doors are opened. I would have thought 1 fade controller would be shared for all the lights not independent ones for each?

reidy4040

Jan 12, 2015
Corby
I was just thinking, there's no link to the standard stereo harness somehow is there? As I have a Kenwood unit in there now.

davidcaffery

Sep 28, 2013
Manchester
I still have this problem, but have not replaced my passenger lock, the front courtesy light hasn't worked since I bought the car (as far as I can remember anyway) which is around 3 years ago and didn't seem to work once I replaced the drivers lock module

reidy4040

Jan 12, 2015
Corby
I need to get my meter out again and do some more testing around all the interior lights. I must have a break somewhere

betogt

Jan 5, 2016
you have to check the microwsitch in the door lock, see if you can replace it

welo78

Dec 4, 2015
They tend to brake, replacing them is the best option. My right half of it only works and I even took it apart, cleaned it and used contact cleaner, it worked for a month ...

stutro

Apr 20, 2016
Hi everyone in this post. I have the same issue and was wondering if anyone had an answer to this??

stutro

Apr 20, 2016
On my car all the door locks work as they should. Does the courtesy and rear lights all go through the ccm? Or is there another module just for the lights?? Does the fairing of them controlled through the ccm?