Looking for elusive 18" fenix alloys

GREEBO22

Daft Old Codger
Dec 27, 2015
Coventry UK
well after checking out various reviews and having a drive of a locally owned ST i bought a 2010 Sport Tech, i thought it was hard enough finding a car with the winter pack but now ive been having a harder time finding the alloys, Finding Waldo was easier,,,
at first i just wanted one to replace the spare steel wheel but yesterday half asleep :sleeping: i got a little too close to the kerb :drive2: ,, and gouged the wheel,, i recon the council have diamond grade kerb stones :banghead2
can any one help me locate a couple of fenix 18s, ( im sure thats the right name for the 5 spoke alloys... not the thicker fan blade style one) if push comes to shove, even a set if need be,,
oh and can anyone recomend a company that will do complete referbs not just the "on the car SMART" jobs around the Coventry (ish) area???

JR_130

Mar 24, 2009
there's a set on ebay at the min but they look fairly scuffed (222139048391)
also a guy over here in Armagh selling a set on gumtree, also look scuffed :( but i'm guessing thats a bit far to go for a scuffed set of wheels

GREEBO22

Daft Old Codger
Dec 27, 2015
Coventry UK
Thanx JR 130 now watching them,, lol there was me searcing for the last few weeks every day and then it looks like they were put on the day i didnt get onto ebay,,

mmmmm thats cheap Flobadob, thanx for the link, i'll have to pop over sometime to check them out, have you had any dealings with them??

GREEBO22

Daft Old Codger
Dec 27, 2015
Coventry UK
Well im off to Stourbridge tomorrow after work to collect the Alloys,, i hope no one on here was bidding on them
and then i will have to see about taking a day off and booking the car in to get the lot done, Youre ALL bad influences,, and i cant thank you enough

but on another note the works van broke down last thursday by jct 2 of the M6, the RAC transporter collected me (after over 3hrs) so i phoned work and asked one of the blokes in the office to move my car so the dead van could be off loaded when we got back,, we got down to jct 1 to turn round and there was a Black Exeo infront of us at the lights,, i thought it was mine.. then noticed it was a 62 plate... phew..i was ready to throttle Kev.. first time ive seen a black saloon around the Coventry area, .. seen a white one and a blue one and loads of STs but not many saloons :)

Mr Bigglesworth

Dec 13, 2008
Herts
Well im off to Stourbridge tomorrow after work to collect the Alloys,, i hope no one on here was bidding on them
and then i will have to see about taking a day off and booking the car in to get the lot done, Youre ALL bad influences,, and i cant thank you enough

but on another note the works van broke down last thursday by jct 2 of the M6, the RAC transporter collected me (after over 3hrs) so i phoned work and asked one of the blokes in the office to move my car so the dead van could be off loaded when we got back,, we got down to jct 1 to turn round and there was a Black Exeo infront of us at the lights,, i thought it was mine.. then noticed it was a 62 plate... phew..i was ready to throttle Kev.. first time ive seen a black saloon around the Coventry area, .. seen a white one and a blue one and loads of STs but not many saloons :)

You got a good price on those! Normally breakers want around £250-300 a set.

GREEBO22

Daft Old Codger
Dec 27, 2015
Coventry UK
Hi S70DGE sure ive got 2 "spare" at the moment one that has an almost new tyre on it (was put on my car in april) and the other looks decent tread too ,, i kept the best 2 to one side and sent the rest to be shot blasted and powder coated.. are you anywhere near Coventry?

GREEBO22

Daft Old Codger
Dec 27, 2015
Coventry UK
i know Mr Bigglesworth, id just bought a set for £350 from a breaker and when i saw the price haddnt gone up on the ebay ones i was unsure if it was just for 1 alloy or the set,,

so 6 rims at City Poder Coating in Brum at the moment, and i have a set on the car ( slight difference in colour from front to the rear alloys) so im goin to have a set of winter tyres on one set of rims and a set of tyres with a bloody good side wall to protect the rims... but thats goin to have to wait till funds allow...

GREEBO22

Daft Old Codger
Dec 27, 2015
Coventry UK
im working today but will get some pics sorted tomorrow of both alloys and the brands of tyres etc, i know the rim from my car is a slightly different silver than the other ( my car had been SMART refinished before i bought it)

S70DGE

Feb 15, 2011
Halifax west Yorkshire
Courier would be better for me its quite a trek down yonder dont worry about the colour as i will get it refurbed at my local coaters also i would be ok with just the rim as im in the motor trade so i can source a tyre cheers Paul:)

GREEBO22

Daft Old Codger
Dec 27, 2015
Coventry UK
if you want the rim i will take it to the local garage and get the tyre taken off and then bubble wrap the rim and then box it and send it via Hermes insured to £100 and signed for for £65