Same price different Navi?!

szilardsarkozi

Jun 16, 2016
Hi guys, I really hope this wasn't asked before but, me and a friend of mine bought 2 2016 Seat Leon's. Mine is a 2.0 TDI 150hp DSG FR 5dr, the other is a xperience 2.0 TDI 184hp DSG. So we fiddled around with the options as we wanted, but we both went for the same navigation system. Same price, same code (WNE) on the options list and everything. But! Now that we had the cars delivered I noticed that his screen has a way better resolution, also he has more functions than I do. Also, my USB connectivity is through the glovebox and some cables seat provided, while his is under the center console, in the 'ashtray'.

Thanks a lot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

matthab

Jun 16, 2010
West Midlands
Sounds like you have the normal seat head unit as the x-perience gets Nav High by default. My Leon with the Nav High is the same as your mates.

Last edited:

szilardsarkozi

Jun 16, 2016
Sounds like you have the normal seat head unit as the x-perience gets Nav High by default.

I thought that as well, but on the options list the one you mentioned is almost double the price. And also includes full link which on his unit is not activated.

matthab

Jun 16, 2010
West Midlands
I thought that as well, but on the options list the one you mentioned is almost double the price. And also includes full link which on his unit is not activated.

Remember the X-pereince has a different options list. Its got FR spec but shows as an SE. The dealer can activate full link for a price for him.

Last edited:

szilardsarkozi

Jun 16, 2016
Ok, fair enough, but then why do they have the same option code? If it's not the same thing?

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
This is because your car is model year 15 and his is model year 16.

The USB location was moved and the screen resolution was updated between the two model years. The screen is now the same as the Nav High minus the hard drive hence the reason for the difference.

Your car was build between week 22 (2014) and week 21 (2015) and his from week 22 (2015) - week 21 (2016).

Don't look at reg date in this. Cars can sit unregistered for some time.

szilardsarkozi

Jun 16, 2016
Ok, however my car was built in February 2016 ... It wasn't bought from stock, it was ordered. Thanks!

Pablo

May 27, 2016
Antrim
Ok, however my car was built in February 2016 ... It wasn't bought from stock, it was ordered. Thanks!

Must be worth questioning your dealer, I wouldn't be impressed if the above is the case.

Is there any differences for year 17 cars?

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010

Ok, Why would your USB be in the glove box and your Nav screen be a MY15 version is the question I would be asking Seat. Good luck with your query.

Last edited:

szilardsarkozi

Jun 16, 2016
Yeah, will ask them ... But anyways it is what it is, they'll never change it I guess

Brady93

Jan 28, 2014
Worcestershire
If you've ordered the car from scratch to be built to your spec at such a time that you should have a MY16 model, and a MY15 was delivered (as it seems is the case) I'd be very upset, worth a trip to your dealer for sure.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Pablo

May 27, 2016
Antrim
Yeah, will ask them ... But anyways it is what it is, they'll never change it I guess

Must be worth some free servicing at least. It's kind of a shame that you noticed as I'm sure you would be happy with what you have like many are. Just once you have noticed you will think about it.

AJ

Oct 16, 2013

Hi, did the Dealer tell you it was built in Feb 2016?

You can use this website to verify the model year of your car and date your vehicle was manufactured before querying it with the Dealer.

I've put my VIN details in and it shows me:
Vehicle Date = 13/12/13 (Manufactured Date)
Manufactured = 2014 (Model Year 2014)

Hope this helps

http://cars-info.eu/vin-frame-search

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Your Leon is the same as ours with regard to iPod connector. Delivered Dec 2014. I'd do some checking on yours, try to find out when the USB was moved....
Oh Yes and the standard sat nav ( of that age/build date) is, frankly, pants.

gamer555

Dec 6, 2008
Brussels
it's impossible for a MY16 Leon to have the old (MY13-14) low-res navi. I would pay extra to have mine replaced with the much faster higher res 0.7 inch diagonal bigger new navi... don't overlook this!

gshaw

Jun 14, 2014
Essex
Hi guys, I really hope this wasn't asked before but, me and a friend of mine bought 2 2016 Seat Leon's. Mine is a 2.0 TDI 150hp DSG FR 5dr, the other is a xperience 2.0 TDI 184hp DSG. So we fiddled around with the options as we wanted, but we both went for the same navigation system. Same price, same code (WNE) on the options list and everything. But! Now that we had the cars delivered I noticed that his screen has a way better resolution, also he has more functions than I do. Also, my USB connectivity is through the glovebox and some cables seat provided, while his is under the center console, in the 'ashtray'.

Thanks a lot!

Sounds like you've been ripped off by the dealer and paid 2016 money for an MY2015 car. The nav system is a big giveaway, it's slower, less features and can't be upgraded to Full Link for Android Auto \ Apple CarPlay.

matthab

Jun 16, 2010
West Midlands
Even my car on the dock I bought in March was a MY16 car. How did your ends up as a MY15 is interesting...

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members