Stage One Remap

Batesy

Feb 18, 2016
Hi All,

Sorry if this has already been discussed.

I recently brought my first leon car which I love. I have the Leon FR (170). Mk2 2010
I got it mapped to a stage one few weeks ago and also had a DPF delete, EGR delete and back box delete.
Which cost £405 in total. I'm not sure if that's a good price or I've been ripped of as I've not a clue about cars lol.
The place I used didn't have a rolling road but the chap said I've get about a extra 50-60 BHP. Is this true?
He said the reason the price was higher than normal is due to my cars ECU. He says it can't be mapped via be OBD port has my ECU is a good one. Am I a sucker for believing this?.

What sort of BHP should my car be running at now with the above done to it?

Also next year I might get a stage two map but was told I have to change & upgrade lot of stuff on my car.

Any help is appreciated.

Many thanks in advance :)

Ade

Jun 15, 2016
Hi Batesy,

Having had my 1.9tdi ibiza remapped, I paid 250 just for the map. They did use a rolling road but that was all I had done at the time. I've seen many places charge up to 250 and sometimes more without the rolling road.

Also after attempting to remove my EGR to give it a thorough clean, it can be difficult and time consuming as some of the bolts are underneath. I'm not sure how difficult the job is on the Leon though, I'd imagine much the same.

You've not been ripped off for the work they've done and if you're pleased with the results and it is a noticeably difference I wouldn't worry too much.

I think with the DPF still in place they can achieve about 210-215bhp but every car is different and also depends on where you go. With the DPF removed and the other things you had done more could be achievable.

If you want to know the power and torque figures look for somewhere with a rolling road as some places you can pay for sessions. Dyno Days or something? I'm sure there's other people that may know somewhere. When the graph is produced ideally a smooth torque curve is what you're looking for, numbers aren't everything.

With regards to the ECU I'm not sure.

In terms of a stage 2 map there are things that need to be done and they don't come cheap. Uprated clutch and flywheel, FMIC and associated piping etc.

Batesy

Feb 18, 2016
Hi all,
Thanks for the replies.
I'm hoping to get on a rolling road within he next month so I'll keep you updated with the results.
Since having all the above done I've noticed now that my car kicks loads of smoke out when I boot it one (on a private road of cause) the chap who did the DPF removal did say I would get smoke when booting it. Is there anything I could do to stop this happening or at least stop it smoking so bad?.
I've been told I shouldn't use sainsburys, Tesco's or asda diesel & should only use BP ultimate or she'll nitrous plus now I've had a remap. Is this true? If so why?
Cheers :)

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I've been told I shouldn't use sainsburys, Tesco's or asda diesel & should only use BP ultimate or she'll nitrous plus now I've had a remap. Is this true? If so why?
Cheers :)

From what I've read, BP / Shell diesel has a higher cetane level which makes it more efficient and produce less soot. As well as additives to help clean / keep the engine clean. On a personal experience note, I was always told "Diesel is Diesel" so since my remap have been using Tescos. Up until about 3-4 weeks ago when my car was running so rough I had to take it into the garage twice. Now I use Shell Nitro Vpower and my car is thanking me heartly for it. It feels like it did right after the remap again. I'd say at the least if the price is really off-putting, use Shells value diesel (I read its the same as vpower but with less quantity of additive) should still be better than supermarket fuel.

Last edited:

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
With a DPF delete and remap you should see anything from 205-215bhp. To go much higher you would need new turbo etc etc

As said above, also you shouldn't get loads of smoke, mine doesn't smoke much at all even with no cat, or rear silencer, it's down to the quality of the map. We have never had a really smokey car yet with DPF out, could be a boost leak or its caused my over fuelling in the map which a lot of companies do

Perry73

Jun 28, 2016
Hi guys I have a problem with my stage one I had it mapped with a dpf and egr delete and now wen I hit 130 mph it sort of dies off and won't go any faster and ideas to what is could be ?

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
Hi guys I have a problem with my stage one I had it mapped with a dpf and egr delete and now wen I hit 130 mph it sort of dies off and won't go any faster and ideas to what is could be ?

You forgot to mention, 130 mph on your private runway.

That could either be the top speed, or the speed the car is limited to.

Kaivaksdal

Jul 6, 2016
Remember to use the same rolling road to measure before and after upgrades.
They all read differently, so sticking with one will help to see actual gains.
Just my 2p worth.
Kai

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise