Brake light bulb change

dudec

Jul 22, 2014
Hi there, warning for brakelight bulb came up and I changed the bulb, all was ok for a day or 2 then the warning came back. I did notice that the bulb had a small pin on the side which was cut when I put bulb in. Think my mechanic may have changed it recently for MOT

Has anyone had a similar problem? Am I using the wrong bulb? Need help because the warning comes up every time I start the car and is really annoying me (easily annoyed)

JR_130

Mar 24, 2009
not sure what the bulb type is, but you could take the bulb out of the other side to ensure you have the correct bulb at least?

GTRACING

Sep 27, 2014
Hi .
I had a brake warning show, after checking and scratching of heads it turned out to be , where the power plug clips onto the rear light assembly, the pins on the plug showed signs of green corrosion , I cleaned them with a little file , WD40 blown dry, job done , brake light worked .
Regards GT

tommayo88

May 8, 2016
Had the exact same problem with the contacts corroded. Used a file to clean like you did and work for while till the message appeared again. I eventually changed the bulb carrier which showed signs of rust. No brainer @ £16 from dealer with postage.

Sounds like a common problem.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members