Problems after fitting boost gauge..

TOMSY

Aug 31, 2014
oxfordshire
Hi all.. hope your all well..

Wonder if someone can shed some light on the problem I have. I recently fitted a boost gauge to the cupra and all is find apart from ever since I have fitted it, the cupra is having real trouble starting 1st thing in the morning or if been stood for a while. The car starts but runs very low revs and takes a while to kick in sort of thing. :(

Can anyone help?? Only thing I can think of is maybe the boost gauge line isn't tight enough on the t peace??

Cheers.. :)

Gaz7

Jun 13, 2014
The only thing that could of happened, is that you've created a vac leak, I'd check everything you've played with and confirm its all air tight. Where have you tee'd off from ? . Other than a vac leak, I'd say it's coincidence.

TOMSY

Aug 31, 2014
oxfordshire
that's what i thought maybe a vac leak.. would this cause rought running from cold start?? i have t'ed it off the pipe from the top of the DV as shown in guides. have use cable ties on the pip maybe need to change them to small hose clips.

paulos44

Mar 11, 2013
Warwickshire
If youve used the correct piping it should seal without a hose clip. A nylon tie is just needed to stop the pipes pulling off.

TOMSY

Aug 31, 2014
oxfordshire
I use the existing pipe that was attached to the DV so standard pipe but did notice that the t peace was quite a loose fit in the pipe. Will change the ties for clips and see if it makes a difference.

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
I have my boost guage fitted to my FPR and I've had not one problem and I get the exact boost, I no this as I've checked in VCDS

TOMSY

Aug 31, 2014
oxfordshire
Well I change the cable ties to hose clips and still no different. I had a new throttle body gasket so gave that a clean and nope still the same.. really low revs when cold/stood for a while start.. have to dig a bit more..

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
Ah okay. Did you reset the throttle body after doing the gasket

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
Yes best idea I could ever say lol change it back to normal then take it from the FPR bet it works then

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TOMSY

Aug 31, 2014
oxfordshire
The boost gauge is working fine, holding boost strong it's just getting the car running in the mornings lol

Last edited:

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
What's the boost holding at? You must have a vac leak, my car starts like a dream mate

Last edited:

tsotd

Jan 7, 2013
kent
have you tryed removing the boost gauge pipe so its back to standard just in case it is the gauge which is causing the problems

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
Bill I've had my boost guage on the FPR for months now and it works perfectly and had not one problem, people are having problems doing it the other way

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
Every page I read on the internet says FPR, my dump valve isn't conected to the FPR just my boost guage. Every page I open on how to fit a boost guage comes up fit to FPR. Hears some pages below I didn't want to put hundreds up but hears a couple. I'll stick with this way as I've not had one bit of bother.

http://www.wak-tt.com/mods/boostgauge/boostgauge.htm

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=214493

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?151879-How-To-Install-Vent-Boost-Gauge

https://axleaddict.com/auto-repair/How-Install-Boost-Gauge-Wires-MKIV-VWAudi-DIY

Last edited:

Gaz7

Jun 13, 2014
It's nothing to do with the boost gauge not working whilst being teed off the fpr John... The fpr is one of the most critical items that relies on vac. Best practice would imply that you wouldn't put any weaknesses or joints between the fpr and its final connection to the manifold...

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
I get what your saying, but people seem to be having problems the other way, like I said above every single page on the Internet say FPR, I get steady boost and my car drives lovely, no problems atol.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise