Tfsi to flutter or not to flutter?

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
Not necessarily, I'm swapping my D for a rev G in the new year after issues using the rev D on my last car.

4/4 dirty dervs

Oct 1, 2012
kent
Hmmmm i read the Rev. D superceeded the G? Is this the case? If it is surely thatll suggest the D is a superior part?? .. I may buy both from tps (got a friend who works there) decide on my favourite and return the unwanted one.... Is tjere any differences you know of between the 2?

dj_troopa

Sep 29, 2009
Not necessarily, I'm swapping my D for a rev G in the new year after issues using the rev D on my last car.

Richie what issues did you have with the D? And is it definitely the D causing you issues?

D and G are both fine, I'm running D. They will both eventually fail at some point but i think the majority will edge slightly towards G as it's the latest one.

Chatter is fine on TFSI's, they're supposed to do that when you install an intake. Chatter isn't good for the old VAG 1.8T's.

Last edited:

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
You hear very few turbo failures on the tuned Cupras on here. A lot of people running stage 2+ without issues.

I replaced a blown version C with a D and it was faulty out of the box. Replaced it with a rev G which was fine. Working properly there should be no difference.

Last edited:

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
The K04's seem to cope very well with the surging, very strong turbo it seems. Not ideal though but short of sacrificing all low down power or hybridising the turbo, there's not a great deal you can do

A D will never provide an airtight seal

K1Shane

336bhp 319 lb/ft
Apr 17, 2010
Northfleet
Sorry to revive a thread. I'm experiencing the exact same symptoms. My DV return hose popped off the throttle pipe on the motorway. I nursed it off as I was near a slip road and got it back on and secured. Hasn't come loose since. However, since that, I seem to be slightly down on power. I removed my forge spacer as a start to finding where the problems could be and the flutter has completely gone. The two seem connected. I wondered how did this resolve itself in the end?

4/4 dirty dervs

Oct 1, 2012
kent
I've since boght a new car but just can't part with the cupra so still got it lol ... And I definitely have flutter again. But not as much as when my dv was unplugged. Sounded very jap lol ... I've changed to a Dv+ since which I actually think has improved the response a bit..

K1Shane

336bhp 319 lb/ft
Apr 17, 2010
Northfleet
I've since boght a new car but just can't part with the cupra so still got it lol ... And I definitely have flutter again. But not as much as when my dv was unplugged. Sounded very jap lol ... I've changed to a Dv+ since which I actually think has improved the response a bit..

Interesting. So you've never got the full volume flutter back again?

This is bugging me big time. I can't work out what's changed lol

K1Shane

336bhp 319 lb/ft
Apr 17, 2010
Northfleet
Removing the forge spacer was a good start.

Hahaha I know I know. The noise was just too inviting to take it off. But in the process of deducing a potential boost leak. That's where I started.

once my exhaust is sorted I'll be logging the car and then I can see if there's anything amiss. I just wondered was there a happy ending here as it could give me some avenues to explore

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.