What did you and your MK2 do today?

ZiggyEP3

Jan 28, 2013
UK
The R passed its MOT with just advisories of low tread but with the power it has I am not surprised lol

Joe Thomas

Welsh Jesus and Leon Lamb
Jun 14, 2016
South Wales
Hi im a newbie and that. Booked into prospeed for new exhaust and new tyres. Reversed out of my mates garage and bent the cover underneath the car on a kerb. Looks awful, should i just bend it back ?

RyanC93

Dec 19, 2014
South Shields, Newcastle
b3c9d7be866b436ec3a5ace201a36f9f.jpg

Got my new exhaust fitted , just to fit the other rubber protector part tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
Wondering (hoping) the Leon is still in one piece at the airport when I return tomorrow. Hate parking at airports

AndyG_TSi

Nov 1, 2011
East Manchester
Does anyone know what name was given to this style of 17" alloy by SEAT?

I have this to sell....ite a genuine refurbished wheel that i got off ebay, but never got round to fitting it. Its off a 1.4Tsi sport.
Size 7Jx17 ET54

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2014
Lincoln
Not today, but went to rest drive a '59 BMW 335i M-Sport yesterday. Loved it and think I might be replacing the Leon soon....

What do we reckon? 2006' 56 Seat Leon FR TFSI on 79000. Part ex was £3500, private sale £4k ish?

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Yeah I'd say 4k is a good price especially with that mileage however, if you can get £3.5k part ex I would do that to save the hassle of selling private.

How much is the beemer?

I had a discovery sport for a few days last week and it's made me want to chop the Leon in. Wouldn't buy a discovery though, just made me want a newer car lol.

Last edited:

Dan FR

Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
3.5k part ex is pretty good to be honest. Seen a lot of Leon FR's for sale around the 3-4k price bracket recently.

On a side not I decided to bite the bullet and lower the Leon. H&R springs going on tomorrow night, just hope I don't regret it in a few days/weeks time :rofl:

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
3.5k part ex is pretty good to be honest. Seen a lot of Leon FR's for sale around the 3-4k price bracket recently.

On a side not I decided to bite the bullet and lower the Leon. H&R springs going on tomorrow night, just hope I don't regret it in a few days/weeks time :rofl:

Great choice, the car will be transformed mate. Just remember the rears may take a while (1-2 weeks) to settle if it looks high at the back to begin with.

Dan FR

Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
It's more the clearance and comfort I'm worried about. Speedbumps everywhere and a partner that isn't particularly patient with them :censored::lol:

Feb 6, 2014
Lincoln
Yeah I'd say 4k is a good price especially with that mileage however, if you can get £3.5k part ex I would do that to save the hassle of selling private.

How much is the beemer?

I had a discovery sport for a few days last week and it's made me want to chop the Leon in. Wouldn't buy a discovery though, just made me want a newer car lol.

Yeah I'm leaning towards part ex for simplicity. 335i is on 47k and on a 59 plate for £13990. It is an M Sport with Nav and leather, but is still strong money. Having looked around there are hardly any about with a manual gearbox especially the Face-lift models so can understand them not budging on price much.

The BMW is a world away from the Leon quality wise. Performance is great but it is the delivery that really feels different. It feels like naturally aspirated V8 rather that a boosted straight 6. On the way home the Leon still felt like a quickish car, but naturally nowhere near as smooth or grunty.

If the finances add up ok (as I expect they might with some man math massaging) then I'll swap over at the weekend.

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
Mike is your FR DSG or manual? And what power with the stage 1 map? Will ask a mate who might be interested

Feb 6, 2014
Lincoln
Mike is your FR DSG or manual? And what power with the stage 1 map? Will ask a mate who might be interested

It's a manual gearbox and it has had a remap done by previous owner, so I have limited information. The company (I won't mention it here as it's on my profile and they are not highly regarded) quote a figure of 240hp and 260lbft with is in line with the torque app estimations that I have done. Been in place since before 40k miles. No dyno printout, but it pulls strongly until just shy of 6krpm where it tails off. Engine runs sweetly and has just had an oil change. Suspension could use attention as it is 10 years old now and feels a little rough in places. Some steering vibration at higher speeds too.

If he is interested then it will have to be quick, I will likely part ex on Saturday unless sold with pennies in the bank before! I am still reliant on it for work though. Will know tomorrow if I am definitely going ahead with the BMW so will post then

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.