Alarm going nuts - passenger door open?

RichyFR

Jun 29, 2016
Tetbury, Gloucestershire
Hello all,

I purchased a MK2 Leon (TDI FR) just under 3 weeks ago & I noticed that the alarm randomly went off - I put it down to a hair of something in the car which was triggering the motion sensor.

Today it started going off again, so I put some tape over the sensor Locked the car, walked away (literally a few steps) and it started going off again.

I got in the car & noticed that the display (showing the car) was going nuts. The front passenger door kept opening and closing, though the door was firmly shut.

Anyone know what could be causing my car to think the passenger door keeps opening? Any help would be much appreciated.

koush

Oct 30, 2010
Churchdown,Gloucester
Hi,

I would guess it would be the door lock sensor in the lock. need to VCD it to confirm that is the fault. If it is, it would mean replacing the door lock.

Koush

RichyFR

Jun 29, 2016
Tetbury, Gloucestershire
Koush,

Thank you very much for your input. I'm going to take it to my local garage and get a diagnostics on it (they use a snap-on diagnostics). My only concern is that because it's intermittent it won't show up.

Many thanks!

RichyFR

Jun 29, 2016
Tetbury, Gloucestershire
Had the entire lock replaced a while back and I've not noticed this happening since.

It has been pretty wet over the weekend and it has started happening again.. whilst driving along the MDF will display the passenger door randomly open (and beep) & the interior light comes on.

I've had it plugged into diags and the only errors are

01135 - Interior monitoring sensors --- I've replaced the alarm motion sensor and cleared the fault but this came back. I've read it's pretty common & is nothing to worry about.
00933 - Electric Window Motor; Passenger side (V148).

Am I correct in thinking the there's some control module on the electric window motor? Perhaps there's a dodgy connection or allowing water in?

RichyFR

Jun 29, 2016
Tetbury, Gloucestershire
Looks like I've found the culprit:

Body/convenience system
Part #: 1K0959433BT
Coding: 188000005283CC7F0006050560085F87107C00 (hex)
Component: KSG PQ35 G2
Fault codes:
01135 Interior Monitoring Sensors

I can easily source one (if it's the right bit) but can anyone tell me where it's located?

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise