Bilstien B14s or KW V2s for Leon cupra R

Richard123

Rickys LCR 225
Feb 4, 2013
Ayrshire,Scotland
Hi Guys,

Ive been looking at uprading my standard shocks currently with -20mm H&R springs for a set of coilovers or shock and spring kit.

Most shock and spring kits seem to be almost as expensive as a good coilover set up so thinking about coilover route now.

Does anyone have experience using either of the above?

Preferably owning for a reasonable time and not " I had a shot of them on my mate car once ". lol.

Any info much appreciated. Cheers!

Last edited:

DamianPM

Mar 26, 2008
Newcastle/Durham
The Bilstein kit is very much handling orientated so fairly firm for everyday fast road use and definitely firmer than the KW kit but top quality in every way.

The KW V2 is definitely a more comfortable option but still offers big handling improvements as well, you also have the advantage of the adjustable damping if that's something you'd use.

I'd be more then happy with either kit but I'd make my decision on what you use the car for.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Richard123

Rickys LCR 225
Feb 4, 2013
Ayrshire,Scotland
The Bilstein kit is very much handling orientated so fairly firm for everyday fast road use and definitely firmer than the KW kit but top quality in every way.

The KW V2 is definitely a more comfortable option but still offers big handling improvements as well, you also have the advantage of the adjustable damping if that's something you'd use.

I'd be more then happy with either kit but I'd make my decision on what you use the car for.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Hi Damian ,

Thanks for the reply, Yeah I know bilstein make a good handling set up.

But do suffer from being a bit harsh on our appalling roads, just like my standard shocks !

My head is saying KW and my heart is saying Bilstein!

The bilstein is also cheaper I can get a B14 kit from germany for around £700 delivered.

There around £900/1000 over here!

I have a mate selling the KWs for £700 should be £900/1000.

Decisions, decisions.

Damian , How much would a good shock kit be without springs as I like the hight at the moment?

cheers

Last edited: