Hi everyone! New owner here - need some help

HarryFR

Jun 30, 2016
Hi all

Recently picked up a 55 plate Leon FR+ TDI in Emocian red

So far loving the car - gave it a full detail with the Das 6 Pro, M105+205 with orange and white pad to get rid of swirls - came out amazing!

.... and today someone at work reversed in to the wing with their van :(

He dented the wing pretty bad, scratched up the alloy, bumper is also wrecked as is the arch lining and head light...

Ok so my question is:

He is giving me the cash for the repair - which is fine, but i want genuine Seat Bumper and panels used, as i want the job to be as good as before. - Is that possible?

Can anyone recommend a decent place to get this sorted in Thanet or Kent?

Or should i just take it direct to Seat (nearest would be Canterbury) or decent local body shop?

Any help much appreciated!

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
How much cash are you expecting as to get brand new genuine parts and have the dealership paint and fit them will cost **** loads!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

HarryFR

Jun 30, 2016
Well he says whatever it costs is no problem.

Just been down body and wheels in Thanet and it is approx 900 to repair the damage. Bumper is OK apparently corner just requires painting and blending. It does need a new wing so I asked for genuine Seat

While I was there got a quote for back bumper respray, all alloys refurbished, tops of both rear side doors painted (paint is peeling at tops) and whole front bumper painted and that was 1200 all in, so gonna get the whole lot done at once

747_727

Apr 2, 2012
Essex
Sounds like the bloke has no insurance if he is will to pay any price for your repair!
Genuine parts will be expensive.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members