Had a new clutch fitted...

CupraTOC

Apr 1, 2015
Clutch kit, dual mass flywheel and CSC all OEM LUK.

I have had it back a day now and it feels heavy to operate now and takes effort to depress the pedal almost like it has an updated clutch fitted. Also the bite point is not far off the floor and I though with these self adjusting clutches, the bite should be middle to top of pedal? I have bled the slave through to make sure it's not air in the system.

I have called the garage and they say if the gears change ok and it works there is not a lot they can do and they have assured me they have used the proper parts and genuine LUK.

Should the pedal feel nice and light to operate like it was previously, do I need to give it time to bed in etc or is it normal ?

Feb 6, 2014
Lincoln
I guess it takes time to bed in, maybe just shows how worn the old one was? I wish my biting point was lower, it's at the top and thus always felt awkward.

CupraTOC

Apr 1, 2015
I guess it takes time to bed in, maybe just shows how worn the old one was? I wish my biting point was lower, it's at the top and thus always felt awkward.

I hope it will get softer very tiresome in stop start traffic. Mine was like that before and there was a lot of useless slack in the pedal but it was kinder to the left leg to use although the drive feels more positive now and grabs better with no clunky flywheel.

OldManPooley

Jul 9, 2015
Had mine changed last year with all the exact same parts as yours. Everything stayed the same as before i.e pedal feel and bite point. Sounds like something aint right to me

CupraTOC

Apr 1, 2015
Could it be that I was used to a pedal which was too soft as the slave was no good? Does yours take much effort to depress.

I will be due a courtesy check at A1 clutch in 500 miles time but if the pedal is still stiff and it goes into gear etc I don't really see what can be done as they are not just going to take it apart if it operates ok.

CupraTOC

Apr 1, 2015
So yesterday, I remembered an old trick for when I had my MG Rover and no way of bleeding the clutch system... I left the clutch pedal depressed overnight in the hope of dislodging any trapped air and hey presto! Nice and light now and the bite point has gone back to normal.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members