Daniel M's FR PD170 - Fixed 24.07.2017

Bonney85

Jul 24, 2014
Splitter tape thread?

Hi mate Car is looking good!!
Do you have a link for the splitter tape you used please?? looks really good and for a tenner like you say... cant go wrong. P>S was it easy to fit??

Cheers buddy :)

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Hi mate Car is looking good!!
Do you have a link for the splitter tape you used please?? looks really good and for a tenner like you say... cant go wrong. P>S was it easy to fit??

Cheers buddy :)

Thanks mate.

Splitter tape is here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UNIVERSAL...tor-Bodykit-/252371862163?hash=item3ac2890293

Slightly different price to what I paid, but still cheap.

Yes very easy to fit however, I used some small self tapping screws to make sure it doesnt come off. These are very handy in the corners of the middle section.

Daniel M

Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Fitted new front discs and pads which was well overdue by the state of the old gear haha.

Took me about 2.5 hours due to the drivers side torx screw (which holds the disc on) rounding off an having to be drilled out. Also due to stopping for the occasional downpour lol.

Drivers side took about an hour and a half but passenger side was done in under half an hour.

Photos of the pads & discs...

Old pads

Old discs

New and old

Took it out for a wee blast to try and bed them in a bit, they smoked a bit for a while but started to feel better after 10-15 mins.

lewischadwick7

Jul 4, 2016
Barnsley
very good thread daniel!

just bought myself a leon fr in BM for a daily/family bus from up boro on monday night!

loads of very good ideas i mighthave to steal at some point :D

will be flat out working on it over the weekend with a full 2 stage machine polish to get rid of the swirls... its a right mess but i know once i've done it'll look better

as its only a daily got to resist from modding it too much will be just visuals for me more than anything :)

Daniel M

Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
wow nice project!

Thanks

very good thread daniel!

just bought myself a leon fr in BM for a daily/family bus from up boro on monday night!

loads of very good ideas i mighthave to steal at some point :D

will be flat out working on it over the weekend with a full 2 stage machine polish to get rid of the swirls... its a right mess but i know once i've done it'll look better

as its only a daily got to resist from modding it too much will be just visuals for me more than anything :)

Thanks mate, steal away haha.

There's plenty of cheap mods available if you didnt want to go crazy ;)

I need to machine polish mine too, but it's finding the time, weather and a decent space to do it properly.

Last edited:

lewischadwick7

Jul 4, 2016
Barnsley
Thanks

Thanks mate, steal away haha.

There's plenty of cheap mods available if you didnt want to go crazy ;)

I need to machine polish mine too, but it's finding the time, weather and a decent space to do it properly.

just got to keep it all sensible with it been used for the little one :) luckily enough i've got access to a unit and we have a doble garage so im away, i'll be flat out all weekend doing it hopefully have it something like then :D

Daniel M

Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Yesterday I gave the car a good detail. Gave me chance to try out my new Poorboys Natty's paste wax (black), made for dark cars.

Gave it a good clean, clayed and waxed. I would of polished it as well but was running out of time/daylight.

Took it for a little run to get some shots with my Nikon D3200.

Before

During

After

Those were taken with my iPhone. Below are the better photos

Sorry about the amount of photos.

Also I know I'm missing a wind deflector by the way..

DiddlyDonker

Jan 3, 2015
North Wales
Great job! Impressive amount of detailing, wish I could be bothered to do that, mines covered in tar spots, bugs, dirt and everything! Mrs should be getting me a machine polisher for my bday soon though ;). Can I ask what one you use?

Last edited:

Daniel M

Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Great job! Impressive amount of detailing, wish I could be bothered to do that, mines covered in tar spots, bugs, dirt and everything! Mrs should be getting me a machine polisher for my bday soon though ;). Can I ask what one you use?

I have 2 machines, a Porter Cable 7424 (dual action) and a Shinemate EP801 rotary. I haven't machined the car in over a year, this was all done by hand :)

I couldn't recommend Poorboys products highly enough. The photos speak for themselves in terms of finish and really give it the wet/glossy look.

For dark cars black hole polish and nattys black wax are a must in my eyes. Saying that, taking your time and using the right gear is important. Yesterday's detail took me the best part of 4-5 hours lol.

She's looking good as always Dan top job dude :)

Cheers Craig, she does clean up well ;)

Daniel M

Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
how hard is the splitter to fit and cut dude? does it hold up well with it just been a sticker?

Very easy to fit, just start at one end and gradually work around. I cut mine with a pair of scissors lol. The sticky is very good and will hold it on fine. I used about 4 or 5 self tappers just to be safe and for the corners where it rises up.

Can't go wrong for £10-13

lewischadwick7

Jul 4, 2016
Barnsley
Very easy to fit, just start at one end and gradually work around. I cut mine with a pair of scissors lol. The sticky is very good and will hold it on fine. I used about 4 or 5 self tappers just to be safe and for the corners where it rises up.

Can't go wrong for £10-13

cheers for that might give it a shot like you say for £10 or so might as well :)