Split the rear washer pipe!!

ross27

Mazda 3 MPS
Mar 22, 2009
Glasgow
Ooopps!
:doh:

Ive gone and split the piping for the rear washer jet under the bonnet!

If anyone knows, its that ribbed plastic tubing thats normaly seen guarding cables. This carries the water to the rear window.

How does anyone suggest i repair it? am i best to take it to someone or just give it a go myself?
I was thinking that i could just slice completely through the pipe and get some sort of connector?

I know i am an idiot, but if anyone has any ideas, it would be great!

it's ribbed plastic? isn't that usually for cable protection? Usually on cars water is carried in thin rubber/silicone type hosing? Is no fluid going to the back wiper now or leaking when you turn the washer on? If it is this and it's split then you can just cut the pipe like you say and get a connector...or go to B&Q and get special adhesive that plumbers use to repair cracked plastic pipes or to connect them. Forgot the name but it's well labelled.

ross27

Mazda 3 MPS
Mar 22, 2009
Glasgow
it's ribbed plastic? isn't that usually for cable protection?

Exactly what i thought! Now with that said, you can imagine how i came to split this tubeing! :p

Yeah, it is indeed carried in this. I know its the rear washer as the water sprays out of the pipe when i try and spray the back window!

Exactly what i thought! Now with that said, you can imagine how i came to split this tubeing! :p

Yeah, it is indeed carried in this. I know its the rear washer as the water sprays out of the pipe when i try and spray the back window!

well mate, I reckon you use that adhesive from B&Q just smother the split bit and let it seal. There is fusion adheive for plastics but i'd recommend you use the stuff plumbers would connect plastic water pipes with. PVC pipe adhesive rings a bell. Can set even when submerged totally in water.

saves a load of hassle and time!

ross27

Mazda 3 MPS
Mar 22, 2009
Glasgow
well mate, I reckon you use that adhesive from B&Q just smother the split bit and let it seal. There is fusion adheive for plastics but i'd recommend you use the stuff plumbers would connect plastic water pipes with. PVC pipe adhesive rings a bell. Can set even when submerged totally in water.

saves a load of hassle and time!

Thanks! I will have a look into it mate, cheers!

Does anyone have any idea as to where i could get some sort of connector piece?
I would like to use this, then do what Knight_Rider has said, and smother the connector. It dont want this to come back and haunt me so i want to do a good job first time!:happy:

leon_lib

seat leon FTW
Dec 22, 2008
burnley
im a plumber its a solvent weld glue, it melts the to plastics together, be better get some sort of connector

ross27

Mazda 3 MPS
Mar 22, 2009
Glasgow
Yeah, i am a Heating Engineer, so i do have some of that solvent weld in my tools. Use it for doing homers lol.

With a connection piece, this is what i would use over the top.

Tfsi_Mike

Aug 30, 2007
Doncaster / Germany (Army)
After undoing about 15Km of insulation tape lol

I can't sus out where it goes. One goes through the bulk head to the scuttle and it looks like the other one goes down the side of the Master cylinder.

When I use the pump, I get no water out at the scuttle, even if i pop the pipe off just before it goes into the scuttle :confused:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.