Flywheel on last legs 1.8T AUQ

Hi,

My DMF has rattled a bit since I've had the car (5-6 Years) but now it's all over the place if I drive the car with any force.

I can feel vibration in the gearstick and the clutch pedal occasional sticks down. It is intermittent and when it happens, is accompanied by the whole car vibrating. If that wasn't bad enough, I can hear chattering/clanging when slight engine braking.

I've never had a clutch replaced on a car but the amount of time and money I've spent on this one definitely makes it worth it! I wanted advice specifically, as its a fair amount to spend :)

My plan is: new DMF, Clutch and release bearing (bolts too?)

I've heard of LUK and Sachs. My plans for the future are a stage 1 custom remap, though I've avoided it as I was worried it would kill the clutch!

How does everyone feel about a LUK DMF and Sachs clutch, or is the clutch overkill for a stage 1?

Thanks,

J

DrewCole

Spannering the Cupra
Oct 19, 2015
Braintree, Essex
If your just going for a 'stage 1' map then OEM stuff is going to hold up absolutely fine, so anything that is uprated will be more than okay.

For anyone who's interested, you can't mix the dmf and clutch types and you can only find out what make you have by removing them and looking.

I went with luk and had slave cylinder, release bearing, clutch and dmf (with bolts) changed, with labour was £750.

All of my above problems have gone and my left foot no longer aches after a four hour drive!

The garage also said there was a 'small teepee clip' on the clutch which was broken, which they charged £2 for. No idea what that was.

J

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.