Possibly Boost Leak??

p1d9m73

Jan 23, 2016
west yorkshire
Hi everyone, thanks in advance for any help.
I've had my 2009 leon fr 170 for about 3 month and im loving it but the last few weeks ive noticed abit of a difference in performance. The problem is the other day i was racing a golf up a hill and my leon got to around 100 mph then seemed to die and slow down(my foot was flat to floor) but then it kicked in again and went to about 110mph then did same again, its done this a couple of times, both were going up hill. The other thing ive noticed is when i first got it you could hear like a sucking noise when accelerating through all the gears and now its stopped. It sounded abit like the sound it makes when you first set off in 1st gear, you can hear a slight sucking kind of noise. Im not sure if the 2 things are related, to be honest im not very mechanically minded. A mate suggested changing the MAF sensor after the 1st time it happened so i did but it happened again. any suggestions would be a great help.

One thing i should probably add is im pretty sure its been remapped, the garage sold it as standard but its had the EGR removed and reprogrammed, or what ever they do to stop the engine light coming on, I also believe its had something done to the DPF as it has never recharged and has darkside development Intercooler Pipework kit fitted. i also bought one of those bluetooth obd2 things off ebay and the reading from that was a BHP of 201 and a Torque reading of 273.

p1d9m73

Jan 23, 2016
west yorkshire
hi. cheers but it does sound bit far away. I was thinking of getting a leak tester off ebay but I don't know the diameter of the pipe that I would connect it to. it hasn't got the standard turbo pipes on it. just out of interest how much would you charge to do a leak test?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.