Car feels a bit sluggish?

TI KUFF

May 26, 2015
I have 2011 Seat Leon 1.6 Ecomotive & it has become a bit sluggish.

When I first bought it, which was roughly about 1 year ago, on the first couple of days I was giving it a good beating on long stretches & it was suprisingly fast & quite nippy on 1-2 gears.

But after having it serviced (top of the range stuff) new oil, filters & breaks it has become sluggish.

Today I was driving casually, on 2nd gear I accelerated to beat the lights & this power which I don't usually get, comes out of nowhere the way it was when I first purchased the Leon.
Also on set off when I give it a good kick, it slightly power cuts not significantly but it has a little power cut, barely noticable tbh but the power cut is there.

Few months ago glow plug sign did come on & car went into limp mode but disappeared after a motorway run & hasn't come on since.

Anybody know what is causing my Leon to be like this & is anybody else experiencing sluggishness in their 1.6?
Is it the DPF that needs a clean or turbo? I do lots of local runs & i'm guessing it's the DPF that's clogging up.

Last edited:

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Could try some fuel treatment. My FR has been feeling a bit sluggish over the last couple of months. I used the Forte triple pack (diesel treatment, turbo and dpf) - although I believe all 3 are the same stuff LOL. But its really livened the car up. I also do too many local runs during the week. Since the Forte stuff ain't cheap, I'm currently using Millers Ecomax. But its too early to tell if its making any difference.

What fuel you been putting in it? After filling up at a particular supermarket, my car had a series of excitement where it just cut out. I've since switched to VPower and regret not using it from the start.

TI KUFF

May 26, 2015
Could try some fuel treatment. My FR has been feeling a bit sluggish over the last couple of months. I used the Forte triple pack (diesel treatment, turbo and dpf) - although I believe all 3 are the same stuff LOL. But its really livened the car up. I also do too many local runs during the week. Since the Forte stuff ain't cheap, I'm currently using Millers Ecomax. But its too early to tell if its making any difference.

What fuel you been putting in it? After filling up at a particular supermarket, my car had a series of excitement where it just cut out. I've since switched to VPower and regret not using it from the start.
I mainly use supermarket fuel such as Tesco's & Asda. I do try to use Shell whenever I can as theres only 1-2 Shell stations in my town

I will use some fuel treatment & DPF cleaner later on, see if they make a difference ;)

Feb 6, 2014
Lincoln
Avoid supermarket fuel for a while and try using V Power for maybe a month or so. This will give you a chance to notice any differences in fuel quality over a defined period of time. Measure your MPG at the pump (not just on the trip) as low mpg can be a sign of poor running.

If still no different then the problem is not the fuel and worth investigating deeper.

hilly81

Apr 28, 2014
Little Sutton
Avoid supermarket fuel for ever and try using V Power for maybe a month or so. This will give you a chance to notice any differences in fuel quality over a defined period of time. Measure your MPG at the pump (not just on the trip) as low mpg can be a sign of poor running.

If still no different then the problem is not the fuel and worth investigating deeper.

Edited accordingly.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Edited accordingly.

:lol:

I knew of different grades of petrol but I always just figured diesel was diesel. After 3 bottles of Forte, a load of VPower and now I'm using Millers EcoPower Diesel with every fill up, I've finally got my car feeling like it was when I first got it.

Mraetun

Sep 19, 2018
Hi all,

I’ve owned my 2015 Leon 1.4 ecoTsi 150 fr for just over a couple of weeks now. Really like the car, but I’ve noticed that it feels sluggish below 1800-2000rpm, above that it’s great. Is this normal? I bought from a SEAT dealer and the car was serviced before I picked it up. The car has done 17000 miles. I’ve spent the last 6 years driving a 2.2 diesel RAV4 so has took a little getting used to! Really pleased with it otherwise though. If this isn’t normal any suggestions as to what may help or what it could be?

Cheers, Mark

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Really like the car, but I’ve noticed that it feels sluggish below 1800-2000rpm, above that it’s great. Is this normal?

Probably due to the cylinder shut off tech combined with the fact the turbo probably kicks in around 2000rpm.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.