154MPH on A11 in a Cupra

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
idiot.
Too fast and too risky for all sorts of reasons.
Not least of which is police using so many "Q" cars instead of usual patrol cars.
You never know who's behind you.
Unless you spot 2 rear-view mirrors in time.
And at high speed who has the time to look hard at the rear-views of the car behind?

andycupra

status subject to change
idiot.
Too fast and too risky for all sorts of reasons.
Not least of which is police using so many "Q" cars instead of usual patrol cars.
You never know who's behind you.
Unless you spot 2 rear-view mirrors in time.
And at high speed who has the time to look hard at the rear-views of the car behind?

well said. but putting the rozzers to one side, - there are plenty of things that can quickly lead to issues no matter how good the driver is.
animal, others road users, tyres issues, any number of car issues, diesel spills, bumps in the road, and of course people.
I have had to experience of seeing someone get run over on a dual carriageway, the vehicles doing about 55 and its a horrendous experience.

Snah

Jul 7, 2014
Netherlands
ey? do you think that all cars top speed are limited by their rev limiter? as opposed to the laws of physics v power?

The Cupra is limited to 161 Mph and is limited to that top speed by the software, not rev limiter sorry.
It can be removed and I know some Cupra owners who have a stage 2 tuning (400 Ps) and they achieved 186+ Mph. One can only drive that on the German Autobahn when there is less traffic.
Unfortunately it is not done here in the Netherands or in the UK.

Lionswake

Mar 8, 2016
I'm yet to try an Autobahn run with the 290 with the vehicle unladen (-Roofbox, luggage).
My prediction for V-Max is just sort of 180mph (from factory)

Daz68

Apr 18, 2002
Somewhere up north
These day's you've got have eyes in the back of your head when driving slowly nevermind when your doing something stupid like 154. The guy should have been banned for several years and given jail time as an example.

My second day with my brand new 290 a driver pulled over to the left as if to park and then instantly indicated right and turned right in front of me. If I'd being going any faster or hadn't had my spider sense they would of took my front end off. At 154 you've got no time to react to such events and end up as a bloody mess.

Last edited:

Madhatter

Jul 4, 2014
Sat on arse
What a fuc**ng helmet. He'd have been a lot more sorry if he'd been involved in a head on. Very lucky and hope I don't encounter this tw*t on the roads. Grow up and go on a track day and f*ck yourself up if needs be, not another family.

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
If we were in Germany a country with sensible speed limits we would not even be having this conversation.
Unless it's was someone complaining that they were being held up by some **** in his Seat only doing 154mph :D

Dr.Dash

Aug 30, 2015
Midlands
...Could of been a MK1,2 or 3 tbh though.
Indeed. A MkII with the wide-boy treatment which was offered for sale shortly thereafter.:clown:

Perhaps this thread can be moved to the correct sub forum now? :rofl:

36CF242100000578-0-image-a-196_1470155203731.jpg

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise