Performance Tyres

Trettiosjuan

Jan 21, 2016
Also take the results with a grain of salt, the sizes tested were 255 and 295 in 20" on a much heavier rwd F-type, results might not apply to our application...

Last edited:

Xpo

May 7, 2016
Sweden
Hm..interesting about the conti 6. I went with conti 5 as i'm on 18" but might be worth checking out when the come in other than 19" sizes. I have only driven the michelin pss and cups on a friends 911 so hard to judge them. But they sure had nice grip.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Bit irrelevant at the moment as the PS4's aren't listed in the required tyre size for the Cupra 280/290 anyway. Sure that'll change, but like others have said, you are comparing a RWD jag on larger rims, wider tyres with a staggered fitment, to a FWD car it's kind of irrelevant.

The requirements for a FWD tyre I would say are different, not to mention thinner contact patch, so your better off looking at tyre tests that test on cars closer to what we drive, a FWD hot hatch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

UTCIAD

Dorset
May 6, 2014
Bournemouth
Once price is factored in I won't be getting these.
Don't get me wrong, I don't suggest cheap tyres, in the wet many are dangerous.
But I belive you can get very close to the performance paying 65% .
How many pay top price then run very close to legal limits as they try and eek out every mile of life...

Agreed - I needed to replace the front Bridgestones a few months before the end of the 2 year lease on my 280. After reading favourable feedback on this forum I went for Avon ZZ5s, a bit of shopping around and I paid £177 for two tyres fully fitted, balanced etc. They were considerably better than the Bridgestones had ever been on both dry and wet roads, wheel hop virtually a thing of the past.
That car has gone now, the 290 arrived 3 weeks ago wearing P Zeros which so far seem ok, sounding slightly cautious as a) haven't really booted it hard yet and b) haven't tried them on properly wet roads either.

bocatkd

Mar 23, 2016
I've bought falken ze914 for my seat ibiza bocanegra I haven't got them yet but will update when I have! !!

Sent from my SM-N915FY using Tapatalk

philip1283

Jun 18, 2014
www.facebook.com
I tend to use toyo proxis they seem to give me the best grip all round although i have used Bridgestone and didnt think they were as good

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

oldbutnotwise

Mar 20, 2016
Cumbernauld
Anyone tried Uniroyal Rainsport 3's yet ?

"A" rated for wet grip ( or whatever the wee symbol means ), and only

£62 delivered ( for 225/40 R18's ) from mytyres . .

bocatkd

Mar 23, 2016

Mate falken vs rains port falken all day got them on now and apparently wear on the rains ports are ridiculous

Sent from my SM-N915FY using Tapatalk

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey

For some reason loads of people (across the board, not just SEAT) seem to be jumping ship to Rainsport 3's despite them being a very soft tyre with very soft tyre walls that don't last. Buy cheap...buy twice.

Pilot Sport 4's and Pilot Super Sports (in my opinion and experience) are incredible tyres in both dry and wet. If you're breaking traction in the wet and losing it around corners in them then I'd say it's because of excess speed and not a lack of grip.

MikeBott93

Mar 24, 2016
Loughborough, Leicestershire
I used to run Yokohama Parada stickies and they were brilliant but only in the dry and they really didn't last long (6k~ miles).
I now have Toyo Proxes p1r's and they feel just as good, are lasting longer and perform better in the wet.

I want to give P zeros or eagle f1's a try next but we'll see!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StylancePaul

CUPRA Owner
May 31, 2006
Cambridge, UK
I used to run Yokohama Parada stickies and they were brilliant but only in the dry and they really didn't last long (6k~ miles).
I now have Toyo Proxes p1r's and they feel just as good, are lasting longer and perform better in the wet.

I want to give P zeros or eagle f1's a try next but we'll see!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm holding out for a set of P Zero Coloured Editions due in September.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.