Leon fr 2.0 tdi ppd cooling fan keeps coming on..

Jrice283

Rookie
Sep 2, 2013
Co. Down N.Ireland
:cry:The fans on the front of the car keep turning on and off.. i havnt worked out a pattern that they are turning on.. they turn on even if the engine is cold and they turn on if i am sitting still and bring the temp down below 80.. i have even noticed that they turn on while i am driving cuz at night my lights dim..

I have changed the temp sensor on the side of the head (in the coolant system pipe) and i have pluged her into a launch computer and found no faults. she is also putting in more fuel when she turns the fans on.. the car has the dpf mapped out of it and has had from last summer..

Anyone any ideas? my heads pickled..

Is there another coolant temp sensor? couldnt see on on the radiator..

The car is 2006..

Please help me :help: :cry: lol

Jodrell

Feb 12, 2012
Not a good idea to never use the AC.
Mine is rarely off and don't notice any difference in mpg.
Seals in compressor harden and then leak and then if compressor seizes it's big money, even if you don't want to use it.

But back to your problem, is the water pump reasonably new? Maybe it's not running to spec and causing the temp to rise then cut fans in?
Just A thought.

HTH.

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
With the type of compressor used in the Leon it's never actually fully off so it turns and pumps gas/oil around the system to keep vital parts lubricated and usable to prevent siezure.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.