Alternative to LEON Curpa

Madhatter

Jul 4, 2014
Sat on arse
Well, this new model has certainly got us talking about it. Each to their own I say. I just don't get these 4x4 things. For starters most aren't actually 4x4's and they don't have as much space as their hatchback contemporaries in many cases. I could maybe understand if they were a lot more practical for families, but in this case the ST is more practical.

A lot of knobs at my office drive this type of vehicle and it really is an ego/status symbol purchase; in most cases you would not want to go for a pint with these people either. They know bugger all about cars and think that because it is a faux '4x4' it gives them some air of success. If you are on this site then I guess you are into cars/driving. There are many other sites such as pistonsheads, where there is similar lively debate. It's all healthy debate, and don't take it personally.

This car is an abomination in my mind but I'm sure some of the mouth breathers at work will be queuing up to buy the feckin thing.

I've been a member on other car forums and it is quite refreshing that this site has lively debate and articulate posts. Keep it up. And please, people stop asking what oil does my car take or dross like that. What the feck do you think google is for?!

yellowcone87

Mar 9, 2014
Warwickshire
Well, this new model has certainly got us talking about it. Each to their own I say. I just don't get these 4x4 things. For starters most aren't actually 4x4's and they don't have as much space as their hatchback contemporaries in many cases. I could maybe understand if they were a lot more practical for families, but in this case the ST is more practical.

A lot of knobs at my office drive this type of vehicle and it really is an ego/status symbol purchase; in most cases you would not want to go for a pint with these people either. They know bugger all about cars and think that because it is a faux '4x4' it gives them some air of success. If you are on this site then I guess you are into cars/driving. There are many other sites such as pistonsheads, where there is similar lively debate. It's all healthy debate, and don't take it personally.

This car is an abomination in my mind but I'm sure some of the mouth breathers at work will be queuing up to buy the feckin thing.

I've been a member on other car forums and it is quite refreshing that this site has lively debate and articulate posts. Keep it up. And please, people stop asking what oil does my car take or dross like that. What the feck do you think google is for?!

:clap: You literally said everything I was thinking. Spot on, sir.

Sep 29, 2009
norwich
Absolute shyte

And you drive an Alfa, lets face it someone who drives a top end MERC BMW JAG RANGE ROVER and the lists go on would properly think a Seat Cupra was a load of shyte as you put it.
Just because someone dose not like something it dose not make it crap.
Someone said to me at work Adele was crap and I replied thats why we earned 19k and Adele earned 50m. ( shes not to my taste) So please stop saying things are crap just because you don't like something.

Last edited:

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
One man's turd is another man's turnip. Or something like that. Either way, who cares? More important things to worry about. Like nose hair plaiting.

bretth1974

May 3, 2015
Surely this is just the Yeti with a very powerful engine in it.....and the yeti has won countless awards. It may not be everyone's choice but I doubt it's absolute shyte.

Cupra Belfast

Jun 11, 2016
Really?

I don't think cupra Belfast would own a handbag.....far too dangerous for pedestrians who may get hit by them.

He'd also tell everyone else that they can't own a handbag either.

Mate, you're again proving the car suits you. You should get down to the stealers on Monday. I mean, at least the car would serve as an advertisement to others to avoid social contact with you like the plague. Possibly worth the risks.

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
Mate, you're again proving the car suits you. You should get down to the stealers on Monday. I mean, at least the car would serve as an advertisement to others to avoid social contact with you like the plague. Possibly worth the risks.

You obviously put some serious thought into that retort, what next maybe the classic "my dad's bigger than your dad" or "you pick boggies and eat them" or similar :D

Seems strange to berate people for driving a car that may kill or injure someone, whilst yourself driving a car that's equally capable of killing or injuring someone, or am I missing something, if of course you don't actually own a nearly 300 hp cupra and actually walk everywhere , which would give you the moral high ground as a non car driver, unlike us genocidal car drivers on here, in which case I fully support your stand, and fully support your one man stand against the killers on here with their 4x4's

Anyway I'm off to run over a few pedestrians in my LR defender on my way to club some seals ;)

Last edited:

Cupra Belfast

Jun 11, 2016
no need for much thougt

Your response is on a 1 and 0 basis. A powerful car is dangerous if driven by an arse. A 4x4 is more dangerous, even if you drive responsibly. You cannot prevent folk being lemmings and collision avoidance has it's limits. The safety is only one aspect. The biggest reason to avoid one is the associated image of a 4x4 driver, that drives one for show, being a self absorbed merchant banker with a degree of sociopathic leaning. You know, Tory sorts. At least you drive one with a practical application. Whether you need it is another question.

bretth1974

May 3, 2015
Btw there was no email notification for the handbags comment, yet man being as he is.

Nothing to do with me why you didn't get an email notification.

I am just amazed at the anger i seem to have stirred up from a couple posts about this car. Some people like it (not me particularly) some people don't, both views are valid. You are the only one to insult the actual posters though.

I await your next insult, you haven't said anything about my mum yet.....

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
I don't know anyone who buys a car based on how nicely it treats a pedestrian should you ever hit one.

I don't get why we're slating these people? So what they have a car that is slightly higher up than the standard motor... And? I've just ordered a Leon cupra, do I need a car that fast? No. Do I need one that new? No. Does it need to have lots of nice comforts? No. But I'm getting one because I can.

It would be pretty boring if we all just drove around in the same car wouldn't it?

And if you seriously believe that everyone who drives a 4x4 is some form of bigoted professional who supports the conservatives... Well... I think you need to find more important things to do with your time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bretth1974

May 3, 2015
4x4s drivers built the rep for themselves. Each to their own I guess.

Each to their own.....exactly the point I made in my first post.

BTW, just seen Corbyn getting driven around in a SUV on the news....guess he is off to do some libor fixing?

Cupra Belfast

Jun 11, 2016
I doubt he picks the model of car he's driven in

I doubt he picks the model of car he's driven in, possibly has more concern with removing the parasites running the country and the cuckoos in the Labour Party.