Alternative to LEON Curpa

Sep 29, 2009
norwich
Funny how on the Ateca part of this web site is 3 full pages about the new Ateca and 95% people like the Ateca are they all morons ?
Anyway bit of sun out going to pop out in the coverable put the roof down and get loads of abuse from people in with small mindes.

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
I hope it's not an evoque?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

No, it'll be a Suzuki Vitara in pink with a wide boy kit. Oh, and don't forget the bull bars for extra pedestrian squashing abilities.
Round by us plod use 4x 4's, I wonder if they are all conservative voting mass murderers? I must ask one...
Maybe him who vociferously complains about 4 x 4's was bitten by one when he was ickle. And is traumatised by it. Poor lamb. He needs our sympathy. And therapy, clearly. As he doesn't appear to be able to take a joke either.
Although he could be right where it concerns the X6 though. A moron machine if ever there was one.

Lentäjä

Jan 19, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
I'm surprised all the negativity for the Ateca...
surprised because why would you hate Ateca, if you are ok with ST?
For my opinion Leon ST is the shittiest new Seat...it is just so lame, looks boring and is as sporty and sexy as a coffin...

ukoldschool

Apr 12, 2012
And you drive an Alfa, lets face it someone who drives a top end MERC BMW JAG RANGE ROVER and the lists go on would properly think a Seat Cupra was a load of shyte as you put it.
Just because someone dose not like something it dose not make it crap.
Someone said to me at work Adele was crap and I replied thats why we earned 19k and Adele earned 50m. ( shes not to my taste) So please stop saying things are crap just because you don't like something.

No I don't drive an Alfa, I drive a SEAT which is why I am on a SEAT forum.....

Why are you here if you don't own one?

I never said that "because someone dose (does) not like something is dose (does) not make it crap", I said I thought an Ateca Cupra was absolute shyte.
Its my opinion, about a SEAT on a SEAT forum, generally used by people that own SEATs.

but thanks for the input

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
weird how someone can castigate people wanting to buy a car that makes them feel a bit better/safer, when he bought a Cupra, which it could be argued is just as unnecessary, as it far exceeds the speed limit, isn't any better for pedestrians - what's the point of this thread?

Perhaps the government should close all car factorries and replace evry cay on the road with the Prius?

bretth1974

May 3, 2015
Think the point of the thread was to debate the merits or otherwise of the Alteca Cupra but it soon descended into people's prejudices about your class, personality, political views and tendency to want to kill pedestrians because of the car you chose drive.

Last edited:

yellowcone87

Mar 9, 2014
Warwickshire
I'm surprised all the negativity for the Ateca...
surprised because why would you hate Ateca, if you are ok with ST?
For my opinion Leon ST is the shittiest new Seat...it is just so lame, looks boring and is as sporty and sexy as a coffin...

I can answer that...

I like the ST because it has all the good bits of the mk3 with added practicality, and that matters to me. My dog needs the boot space you see.

I don't like the Ateca because it has only some of the good bits of the Leon, is not as good to drive, look at or live with, based on what we know so far.

I personally think the Leon mk2 is the 'lamest' SEAT they made. Hence why it's the only mk I didn't ever buy. I hated the bloody thing. Awful rushed design that made it severely compromised, in my eyes. It was a classic example of style over substance.

I'm not going to put anyone else down because of my own views though, because I'm an adult. If they like it, good for them. I just don't like it myself.
But that's the thing, like a***holes, we all have an opinion, and we think everyone elses but our own stinks. I don't know why people feel the need to argue about it and put others down over their opinion though...

I'm amazed I've not seen any 'your mum' jibes yet.

Last edited:

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
I can answer that...

I like the ST because it has all the good bits of the mk3 with added practicality, and that matters to me. My dog needs the boot space you see.

I don't like the Ateca because it has only some of the good bits of the Leon, is not as good to drive, look at or live with, based on what we know so far.

I too prefer the st to the 5d hatchback, I personally think it looks prettier and it's certainly more practical,especially if you own a dog or two, plus the cupra st is faster round the ring if those things matter to you.

But I'm sure someone will be along to castigate your choice and tell you that you shouldn't have bought the st ,should have bought the 3d hatchback and a smaller dog, maybe one of those tea cup dogs, could have kept it in one of the handbags people have been going on about in this thread :D ;)

Sep 29, 2009
norwich
No I don't drive an Alfa, I drive a SEAT which is why I am on a SEAT forum.....

Why are you here if you don't own one?

I never said that "because someone dose (does) not like something is dose (does) not make it crap", I said I thought an Ateca Cupra was absolute shyte.
Its my opinion, about a SEAT on a SEAT forum, generally used by people that own SEATs.

but thanks for the input
Had a 280 Cupra and it was shyte happy now.

Whats the difference between shyte and crap then both mean ****?

About ukoldschool
This Is What I Drive
147 GTA
How I found SEATCupra.net
google
You should change your public profile

Don't own necter card but still shop in Sainsburys

Last edited:

ukoldschool

Apr 12, 2012
Had a 280 Cupra and it was shyte happy now.

Whats the difference between shyte and crap then both mean ****?

About ukoldschool
This Is What I Drive
147 GTA
How I found SEATCupra.net
google
You should change your public profile

Don't own necter card but still shop in Sainsburys

You still don't get it do you? I'm pretty sure this thread was asking for peoples opinions on a rumoured cupra Ateca, nothing more. If you think a cupra Ateca is a great idea - good for you! I personally think its a shyte idea.

Oh and that profile info was indeed correct when I joined.

in 2012. When I swapped by Alfa in for a mk 2 Fr Tdi

I guess if you have to google everything, you will inevitably get things wrong and make a tit out of yourself. What a weird thing to do, google somebody you've never met before to try and do a bit of one upmanship on t'internet. The necter card analogy didn't really work btw....

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
OK.
Got an FR ST - like it.
Would like a Cupra ST, but would be even worse to climb out of.
Interested in an Ateca 150 or 190, now it's here, rather than a Tiguan/Quashqai, as I like my Leon.
An Ateca Cupra is probably a bad idea, I agree. But the Cayenne saved Porsche, and the Macan is pretty cool, as is the Jaguar F-Pace, so who knows?

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
My parents have a Macan Turbo. Unbelievable performance for the size of car and drives really well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jc74

Dec 7, 2015
My parents have a Macan Turbo. Unbelievable performance for the size of car and drives really well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd always been against the whole SUV thing. Had a Hyundai Santa Fe, which cornered like a boat, you'd think you'd tip the car going round corners at 30mph.
Anyway, had the chance to test drive a Macan Diesel S for a couple of days and I must say I'm very impressed. When sat inside it's like a 911 but higher up with a better view of the road, it's fast and corners like no other SUV I've driven. I'd say it corners better than my Seat Ibiza 1.2 TSI FR, obivously not as nimble, but felt less body roll, gripped a lot better and could carry much more speed round. I tried one with the active sports exhaust and must say it sounded quite good (for a diesel - I must add!).
I also had the chance to try out an F-Pace 3.0 and 2.0, and again both handled extremely well (though not as good as the Macan, but much better than other SUVs such as the Evoque).

Anyway, if Seat manage to get some of this sportness across, then they could too be onto a good thing

I appreciate that some people will always say an SUV is s**t because it handles badly, or just bought for fashion. For those, I say, try out a Macan if you ever get the chance and if you still think that, then fair enough.
I've always preferred a sporty looking and handling car as opposed to an SUV, however with my daily commute, I've tried sporty and found that speed bumps and car park ramps have been a royal pain. I was fortunate enough to run an F-Type for a few months, and much as I loved the way it drove, the speed bumps, traffic and roads I drove in general meant that it is was bettered for convenience by an SUV and also a Seat Ibiza.
In future, I'd be tempted with a Leon 290, though will have to test it out over the bumps, but if Seat can get the handling right on their SUV, I might actually prefer one of those.

I'll stand aside now and wait to be flamed by the SUV haters for the potential children I could be crushing under the optional bull bars, as opposed to the ones saved by sliding unharmed over the top of an aerodynamic sports car when it hits them at twice the speed.

Reactions: bonjemon
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.