Which PC5 aerial booster do I need?

masterfrodo

Jul 29, 2016
Googling it, it seems there is the PC5-52, PC5-91, PC5-137, and others

I bought a fascia kit, including a booster from ebay as I wanted to change the head unit. Having fitted the supplied booster I don't think its doing anything. I tapped into the blue/white wire on the loom which from all accounts is the correct thing to do - power antenna/power amplifier.
So am thinking maybe its the wrong booster? Or should I tap into another wire, maybe the yellow switched power supply?

Last edited:

Gaz20VT

Aug 5, 2011
Interested in the answer to this too - I'm about to do the same thing.
As far as I understand it, you need to connect the aerial amplifier to the blue wire coming from the head unit, not from the car loom. Unless someone else can clarify?

747_727

Apr 2, 2012
Essex
Yes you tap into the blue wire which powers it.
Why do you think it's not working? Mine helped me pick up lots more stations.

masterfrodo

Jul 29, 2016
It loses signal where it didn't with the original head unit - thats why I don't think its working properly.
If the two looms are connected there is no reason why not to connect into the blue/white head unit wiring as it connects directly to the car loom blue wiring

masterfrodo

Jul 29, 2016
OK, getting bored of this now. I have tried a couple of boosters, and am still suffering with bad radio signal strength. I understand that the stock aerial has a booster at the base of the unit, but short of running a live wire through the cabin and up to the stock booster what are my options?

Leondave

Sep 1, 2016
Change the aerial to a non seat aerial. Im planning on doing this to mine when i get around to it. Someone sugested a vw polo one

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.