what have you done to your car today ?

ySoCereal

Jun 2, 2016
Finally got my LCR fault code free!

When I bought the car the traction light was permenantly on. Turns out it was the steering angle sensor being one full turn off.

The last code which I sorted today was egt sensor failure. Managed to remove the old one no ramp etc and fit a new one. Had to relocate the black box but all good. Cleared the codes, took the car out for a good drive and rescanned with the vagcom no codes.

Best bit is no hit the wall feeling on WOT gear changes. Ie no fuel dumping now.

Also cleaned up and relaquered my pink brembos, look like new again!

Last edited:

fester

Aug 10, 2016
Cape Town, South Africa
Fitted poly mounts on the lower control arms, and new cv joints

29491475798aabfdbf801ac3e71895ed.jpg

339e8ccac4b8db38324563f64832d53c.jpg

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Since it was a nice day I wash both mine & the Mrs cars. Then a bit more attention to mine was needed - decided to clean up and repaint my front calipers. I'd bought Por15 black caliper kit ages ago and never got round to it but it was east-peasy
First cleaned caliper with wire brush to remove all crap and sprayed with caliper cleaner:
image_zpsatxqiitv.jpeg

image_zpsak4wndbg.jpeg

Then washed with caliper prep - sorry didn't take a photo but safe to say it's just like a degreaser. Washed this off with water and dried then coated with rust preventative:
image_zpsoncw5v6w.jpeg

image_zpsqylmlwtd.jpeg

image_zpsfso1iig6.jpeg

After 30mins (or when the coating is tacky touch dry, it was time for the first of 2 coats of the caliper paint:
image_zpsnhufjyhe.jpeg

image_zpsojuophxy.jpeg

I wasn't sure about the "Porsche" stickers but as the calipers were from a Boxster then it would be rude not to, eh

Took the time to clean the inside of the wheels while they were off, they weren't too bad actually :D
So hopefully the weather will hold up tomorrow and I'll do the rears

fester

Aug 10, 2016
Cape Town, South Africa
Bought a forge DV and did a DV relocate

Managed to get a K03 blank plate from Yosh at DarkArtz

The complete kit (Intake bend, Relocate pipe with holder, Forge DV, S3 throttle pipe, CTS boost tap, CTS K03 blank)

Forge DV fitted

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise