Manual Clutch delay valve removal.

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
Having been hating my clutch since getting the car I did some reading.
I just couldn't drive as smoothly as I have with all my other manuals. I hated the way the clutch didn't follow my foot on high speed gear changes.

I did the following free mod today. Took all of 20mins (if that) with help from my army mechanic mate on the drive.

This mod is amazing. I have a proper clutch again, no pedal delay. I feel it will actually help clutch longevity since I know when the clutch is fully engaged or not. Before the mod you could never 100% tell.

Anyways here's the link.

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14745

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr Pig

Stagsfell

Feb 16, 2015
Very interesting. I have the 1.8TSI FR and find the clutch has no clear "bite" point - others on here have mentioned a similar feeling. Assuming the delay valve is fitted to all MQB manuals (as the golf 7 forum seems to imply) this could well be the explanation?

NotApplicable

Newbie....at my age?????
Mar 26, 2016
Somerset
It wasn't like that on the Mk1, for sure. I have just done this on my Cupra Mk3 and the clutch action is now much better. Just like the Mk1

Last edited:

nicknameless

Aug 1, 2016
Can vouch for this simple mod on the cupra. Remove it and welcome back clutch bite point and a pedal that follows your left foot. The clutch pedal feel is awful with it in place.