Mother thumper

sixysix

Jan 27, 2014
London
I have reported it to the police and got a Cad number.
I have to print off a form and send it into the police which will be for the "Leaving the scene of an accident".

I saw the van today parked round the corner so I know he is local and just waiting to hear from my insurance which will be after the bank holiday now.

I like to think that most people would be honest and do the right thing, but most will try and get away with it if they can but there are still a few descent people out there that will do the right thing.

I think I was in shock and disbelief when I saw it at first so was not as angry as I probably would have been lol

People always seem to crash into my cars when they are parked up where I have no way to avoid them.

Just hope that the body shop do a good job now with new bonnet and paint otherwise I think the rage will surface then lol

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE
the harsh reality of this country is that theres too many dishonest pricks in this country added the the numerous jealous muppets who damage nice things that us car enthusiasts work hard to pay for.

sad when we can't leave our cars anywhere nowadays. when i park mine up 3 days a week i leave in a long stay car park right under a CCTV camera in the corner in a wider bay, shouldn't have to go to such extent.

no doubt the police will be to spineless to do anything about it - personally id have considered ringing the company direct making an allegation and saying I've got CCTV footage then seeing if the driver admits it

sixysix

Jan 27, 2014
London
Just a quick update,

Not heard anything from my insurers yet but have said they will be contacting other parties insurers so am waiting to hear back on that.
Will be popping the 207 form into the police tomorrow so will see what that brings as well.

Went to collect my car on Wednesday which was just a replacement bonnet and respray.
Front of bonnet was poor with lacquer drips and small bubbles in the finish so asked them to rectify.
Go back next day after being promised that it had personally been checked, only to turn up and find that it looked exactly the same.

Had another moan about the finish and wasting my time and went back the next day (Friday) to collect the car and still a few very small imperfections but was a lot better so I took the car home.

Will wait a week or two and give it a fresh clean and hopefully all is good.

Now time to concentrate on the blind man and his insurers.

sixysix

Jan 27, 2014
London
was that the insurance body shop ? if you are not happy with it you can take elsewhere

Yes mate, even when I spoke to SEAT ensurance before I got the work done, they recommended this place as a SEAT approved repairer.

My excess is £200 or £450 if I use my own bodyshop choice and as I am not sure how it will end up with the third party claim, I went with them.

The bonnet does look pretty good though and paint has a guarantee for 3 years.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.