Remap - Hertford area....

Bronzemarkymark

Aug 14, 2016
Hertfordshire
Anyone used any decent companies in the Hertford area for Remaps.

Will be getting mine done in the next few weeks and would be good if I can find a local company with a good reputation.....

Bronzemarkymark

Aug 14, 2016
Hertfordshire
After looking through a few options today I think the revo is out of my price range....so will probably be an off the shelf....

Have spoke to a garage today that has quoted me £250 for a Quantum remap which would give me a minimum 16% power increase...

Any one used the Quantum remap?

Haze

Oct 21, 2014
I live in bishops Stortford I don't know of any in or around this area, I tend to go to AMD for most work although have yet to get a remap. I'd suggest saving a little bit of extra money and purchasing software and service from somewhere reputable that others can vouch for rather then going for somewhere that is unknown.

spudboy6

Feb 4, 2014
Swindon
Quantum waste of space , they done a friends Leon when we got it on a dyno it made less than standard power but gained 2ft-lb of torque , obd mapping is rubbish impossible to get it correctly adapted to your car when was written for someone else's car on a dyno then duplicated and sold on .

Amd are okay have had them map my car twice before but found expensive and wasn't capable of removing items from ecu like SAI pump
so found an independent tuner in Birmingham charged £200 for a custom map removed items from ecu I didn't need and mapped in launch control and flat foot shifting and got me 255 bhp and 300ft-lb on a ko3s with a lot of supporting upgrades ,

Called TRP developments in Birmingham , well worth the drive

https://m.facebook.com/TRPDevelopments/?locale2=en_GB

Last edited:

Bronzemarkymark

Aug 14, 2016
Hertfordshire
I need to find an independent near me...

I have a good garage nearby for the basics but will have to search out somewhere semi nearby to do the more high end bits.....

Doesn't seem to be much out this way but sure i will find someone and will steer clear of Quantum......:D

But thread still open to anyone who might know someone in my area....

Bronzemarkymark

Aug 14, 2016
Hertfordshire
So......any recommendations for tuners in Hertfordshire??

Bit of a change, no longer going for the oversize as what i am after doesn’t warrant the cost for the improvement......

So recirculating valve being done, about to order a filter and heatshield from badger 5......once this is done i will look for a custom remap based on what has been done......final result a cranky looking leon with over 200 bhp......

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.