Spot the new Cupra owner

Daz68

Apr 18, 2002
Somewhere up north
This is Dalton Park outlet shopping centre:

timthumb_zpsfxu3jhig.jpg

On the other side of the road there's a new supermarket that isn't open yet but the car park is. It's quite a distance from the main shopping area so not many people park there. :whistle:

IMG_20160909_144256_zpsza6pjqnu.jpg

Am I the only one that takes such extreme parking measures? :D

Richjt

Jul 13, 2016
You'll probably come back and there's a tatty zafira parked that close you can hardly open the door, that normally what happens to me

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
Didn't we have a thread like this on here last year?
But Yes that is extreme :D
But guess a short taxi ride once a week from your car to the shops is still cheaper than a parking dent repair ;):D

Daz68

Apr 18, 2002
Somewhere up north
Sorry guys, I've just got back on these forums in the last few months. Been driving a Mazda 3 for the last 6 years so a bit out of touch with what's been posted previously. :D

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
Sorry guys, I've just got back on these forums in the last few months. Been driving a Mazda 3 for the last 6 years so a bit out of touch with what's been posted previously. :D

I for one was impressed with your anti dent parking, so its no worries, lots of new threads get started on stuff that's been before, just the way it is.

I only remember the other thread cos some members got berated for their chosen anti dent parking solutions , including me :D

Cuprobbie

May 4, 2016
Hamilton
My partner thinks I'm daft because I park the Cupra well away from the main doors to any supermarket. I'd much rather walk 30 seconds more than have a dent in a door. However my car seems to be a magnet for a 4x4 on one side and a people carrier or white van on the other.

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
My partner thinks I'm daft because I park the Cupra well away from the main doors to any supermarket. I'd much rather walk 30 seconds more than have a dent in a door. However my car seems to be a magnet for a 4x4 on one side and a people carrier or white van on the other.

I let my other half goes in the shops whilst I sit there scowling at anyone that comes near. Or move. She loves it, can never find me when she comes out!

PM3

Aug 19, 2016
Hampshire
I take similar evasive action when I park. I always try to have two empty spaces each side, especially in the work car park. I have had more damage done to my car at work than anywhere else. Our security guards helped track down one guy. It's soul destroying when you pay a lot of money for a nice car to find it's been damaged by some clumsy un-carring oaf. A longer walk is a small price to pay if you can avoid some damage.

sixysix

Jan 27, 2014
London
It's soul destroying when you pay a lot of money for a nice car to find it's been damaged by some clumsy un-carring oaf.

You mean like this?

I always park away from others in car parks to reduce the risk but there's always one.

I could park in that empty car park above and would probably still get whacked, or at the very least a huge bird turd on the roof.

Will stop feeling sorry for myself now :lol:

Daz68

Apr 18, 2002
Somewhere up north
That happened to me earlier this year with my Mazda 3. Some idiot tried to park next to me, totally misjudged it and scraped all the way down the drivers side and then drove off. They didn't even have the sense to stop after the first impact.

It was bad enough with my '06 Mazda so I can only imagine how p'd off you must be.

sixysix

Jan 27, 2014
London
Well mine was just the bonnet that needed replacing so could have been a lot worse and would be very unhappy if it was the entire side of the car.

Car is all fixed now at my cost and waiting to hear back from my insurer as I have given them all the details of the other vehicle.

Mercedes tail lift vans are a perfect height for reversing into the front of a Leon and only hitting the bonnet upwards while missing the lights, grille, and bumper.

Daz68

Apr 18, 2002
Somewhere up north
Well by that time the Mazda was only worth £1k so it really didn't affect the value too much. It was more the fact that someone did it and just drove off. It almost put me off buying a new car. But it does explain my extreme parking measures :D

Bigivo1

May 21, 2016
You'll probably come back and there's a tatty zafira parked that close you can hardly open the door, that normally what happens to me ����

Yep, always happens. These idiots can park anywhere, yet they park right next to you.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.